Luis garcia - Love him or hate him or both like me?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:54 pm

A topic posted  by his namesake provoked thought in my mind tonight and it has been something i have been thinking about for a while!!
Liverpool do play very fluent football and at times it is beautiful to watch!But for me Luis Garcia gives easy balls away much too often,and more than the rest of the team!Now before u all pile on me and say hes a great player and this and that,dont bother because i know he is!
Very skillful,great on the ball a good crosser too!! Not 2 mention his eye for goal!
These 4 reasons are why i love him and the fact he gives the ball away so much is the reason why i am critical!Its frustrating when he doesnt play the simple ball at times and tries something that doesnt work out and our opponents get the ball!
But on the other hand he holds the ability to change a match at the blink of an eye!
Still though i think Rafa can see this too,my one and only critisism of our manager being why has he not addressed this?
My theory is that he figures thats part of his game and Luis will adapt in time?And in the meantime we have good enough players to mop up around him!So basically i think that Rafa reckons that Garcia has more good things goin in his game than bad and in time he may just develop into a genius!!
66-1120597113

Postby Gaffa » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:59 pm

ahhhhhhh Luis :;):  sweetly made by god.....yeah love him.... but yeah understand when he goes for the ball and misses or gives it away it kinda frustrates you...
It's a moiisanite.

A wha-a-nite?

A moiisanite is a artifical diamond Lincoln, it's mickey mouse mate, spirious, not genuine, and it's worth......Feck all
Gaffa

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:23 pm

THINK HES A HUGE PLAYER FOR LIVERPOOLImage
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:18 pm

He is a good player im a fan got flair and skill however he is very frustrating when he give the ball away.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:12 am

He is mercurial player who will always delight when things are rosy.
Though when things arent good, he be type of player that will always draw barbs first
You always going to need a player like that for that spark or flair but you just have to accept he going to also provide a lot of frustration as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Everton Killa » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:28 pm

yh he does loose da ball too much but he is a fantastic player no doubt dats da only bad thing he does other then dat hes pure quality
Everton Killa

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:36 pm

Hate him. He should fu*ck off back to Spain. He's a wimp.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Everton Killa » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:13 am

huh have u forgot about juve?
Everton Killa

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:49 pm

I think he has improved a lot, judging by what I've seen already this season.
He just needs to cut out the back-heels to the oppostion.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:56 pm

Raffa knows the problem with Luis... See attached from LFC.tv

Rafael Benitez has admitted Luis Garcia has to ration his love of fancy ball tricks if he is to be a success in English football. 
Benitez has no intention of trying to curb Garcia's natural flair, but he is aware that some Liverpool supporters have become frustrated at the Spaniard conceding possession far too easily after a flick or back-heel has gone wrong.

"That is the one problem for Luis and I have spoken to him about it," said Benitez. "He likes to try different things and I know the supporters are sometimes not happy when they don't come off.

"He has his own style and is very talented, but he has to learn there is a time and a place for some of the things he does.

"He has to take on board as quickly as possible where it is all right to attempt something out of the ordinary and when he should play safe and not risk losing the ball.

"I think he heard the crowd the other day (against CSKA Sofia) and he is beginning to understand that, no matter how good you are, you must use your qualities in the right area.

"Anyone who has seen him knows he has the talent to succeed in the Premiership. It's just that, at times, he tries difficult things in the wrong places.

"The key thing, though, is that he has intelligence as well as ability. If you are making a lot of mistakes and are not that much good anyway, there is not much you can do as a coach. But it will be easier with Luis because he is a very clever player as well as a good one."
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ydde » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Hopefully Luis can adapt fast!

It was really frustrating watching him lose possession. Especially when there is no immediate pressure on him and he goes to try a flick which doesn't work. But when he pulls something off, it's brillant.

Love-hate relationship really.
Ydde

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:48 pm

I agree with a lot that has been said about Garcia.  He does give the ball away a lot and is too casual at times, but this is easily outweighed imo by his ability to change a game with a bit of flair or a goal out of nothing.

I think at the moment Garcia HAS to be in the team for his goals, especially since our strikers are not hitting the net often enough.

We would not have won the champions league last season had it not been for Garcia, and I know the same could be said for a lot of our other players too, but for all Garcia's inconsistency in the league last year, he was probably our most consistent player in Europe.  Quality player imo
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:55 pm

john craig wrote:I agree with a lot that has been said about Garcia.  He does give the ball away a lot and is too casual at times, but this is easily outweighed imo by his ability to change a game with a bit of flair or a goal out of nothing.

I think at the moment Garcia HAS to be in the team for his goals, especially since our strikers are not hitting the net often enough.

We would not have won the champions league last season had it not been for Garcia, and I know the same could be said for a lot of our other players too, but for all Garcia's inconsistency in the league last year, he was probably our most consistent player in Europe.  Quality player imo

True John!
And Raffa has said the other day that he highlighted the fact Garcia gives the ball away to easy and theyre working on it!  So heres hoping for an improved garcia this season!!
66-1120597113

Postby ry_math » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:02 am

im not a fan, he loses the ball more than he does passes it or taking a player on
ry_math

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge