Garcia - We aint seen the best yet

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Jimmymac » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:53 pm

Have to admit that my opinion of Garcia has been going up and down this season like a rollercoaster. When we first signed him i knew very little of him so i really had no opinion.

But the start wasn't the greatest, he showed the odd bit of flair and talent but far too often he was losing the ball or passing to nobody.

However bit by bit his season began to pick up, his flair of talent started to pay off and he began to score some great goals.

I noticed that he began to appear in the right place at the right time, following up balls into the box and adding that extra little touch that makes the difference between a goal and a save.

So i began thinking, hello, this guy looks like he could be the little spark of life we're looking for!

And could there have been a better way to extinguish any doubts that people may have had than with a phenomenal second goal against Juventus....which I believe Eurosport voted goal of the champions league season.

Luis Garcia, the best is yet to come   :bowdown   :bowdown   :bowdown

http://www.kewelltalk.com/footballvid/King...jibrilliant.wmv
Jimmymac

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:56 pm

What a way to name a website - Kewelltalk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:28 pm

one of oue best plyers for sure, but if he's going to plat in midfield, he's gon have to be more careful not to give the ball away
neilE

Postby gerrardisgod » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:02 am

WOULDNT REPLACE HIM ON THE RW UNLESS WE GET SOMEONE LIKE JOAQUIN THEN ID STILL TRY MAKE ROOM FOR HIM
gerrardisgod

Postby <-alonso-> » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:47 pm

garcia is taller than aimar! thats sumthin i didnt expect! he is the creativity source of our team,look how boring our play is without him.
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:11 pm

Garcia was amazing near the end of last season.He was doing everything rite and his goal against juve was maybe the best goal of the season for Liverpool.I think he will show his best form nxt season on the right wing hopefully.Cnt see him playin anywhere else.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:44 pm

<-alonso-> wrote:garcia is taller than aimar! thats sumthin i didnt expect! he is the creativity source of our team,look how boring our play is without him.

he's actaully pretty decent in the air for a little fella, he scored a few crackers with his head this season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Magician » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:04 pm

Looks a class act
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby MCYan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:57 pm

Our team can't be boring-er without Garcia.. He is the only player in our team that has a bit of creativity and ball control.. Rafa should get a good RW and let Garcia play behind the striker. That's where his real position is at!
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:20 pm

Garcia is a great player, however he does tend to be incosistant. 70% games hes great, 15% he is bad, 15% he is amazing.
i.e. amazing games include: Juve home and Charlton home. However every game no matter how bad he is he will pop up with something amazing (eg. norwich away, everyone had a bad game but he managed to score a great lob over green.)

He was a bargin for 6m as was morientes and Alonso.

btw this Gonzalez bloke is sort of like garcia but left sided, ie. likes to drift in skillful and has a good shot on him, (i think its a good move to loan him first tho he may not be able to adjust to the premiership as quickly as the others did as he came from a 2nd division spanish side)
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:15 pm

garcia was class last season and i hope to see more improvement from him this season.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:17 am

i agree garcia was fantastic for us last season, scored some very imprtant goals for us, hes got a fantastic eye for goal from long range, good goal poacher but will he live up to that this season? will he be able to be as important to the team? who knows, time will tell
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Big fan of Garcia! I think we'll see the best of him this season.It was clear to see he settled into the team as last season went on and he scored some crucial goals!If you watch him carefully i think he starts nearly every game badly,giving away stupid balls etc.But he seems to settle after 10 or 15 mins!Strange??
66-1120597113

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:30 pm

after a sticky start he definatley improved and at the seasons end apart from bringing the quality`s to the table that we expect he was also getting stuck in and chasing the ball down with intent like a miniture steven gerrard.
people are right to mention not only the amount of goals he scored from midfield but the importance of them.
the juventus goal, the goal against everton and the goal against chelsea (that sky disected like the zapruder film in the kennedy assasination ) were all massive moments in our season.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge