Who will shine? - Which player will up a gear?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Who will shine? - Which player will up a gear?

Luis Garcia
No votes
Harry Kewell
23%
Fernando Morientes
No votes
Djibril Cisse
15%
Sinama Pongolle
15%
Josemi
No votes
Peter Crouch
15%
Mohamed Sissoko
23%
Jose Reina
No votes
Zenden
8%

Total votes : 13

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:54 pm

Ok we know certain players with reputations failed to deliver much promise last season.
So with the birth of this season, surely attitudes amongst those who need to prove themselves will change for the better and give Lpool fans a reason to cheer them on again.

Or will it be one of the new guys, Crouch, Sissoko, Barragan or Reina who you think will exceed all expectations.

So which player who , above all others do you think will prove their complete worth to Liverpool F.C.?

I believe Harry Kewell will be the player he once was and will reclaim his accolades he has received in the past.
He's not had a good time at all, but he has the class to prove he can do it.

I am only including new players or players who havent yet hit it off yet.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:42 pm

sissoko, proving his worth already
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:44 pm

Pongo i reckon he'll come on leaps and  bounds and  Raffa may even play him on the right m/f!!
But since im  an  optomist  i reckon all the lads will play great! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby neil » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:56 pm

djibril cisse to be absolutely world f.uckin class, sinama to justify his name on the back of my top and reina to be placed in the same bracket as Smichel(sp?)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:03 pm

I'm suprise Stephen Warnock isn't on that list, because I think he will shine for us this season displacing Riise as first choice left back.

But I think crouch will do well for us (only time will tell) but Sissoko will get better as the season goes on.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:25 am

I voted Sissoko.  The lad is immense. 

I'm looking at him after just a few games, and to think what he will be able to do in a couple of years is frightening, never mind what he can do now.  His influence is obvious.  I saw him up close last week at the CSKA Sofia game where we lost 0-1.  Who gives a fuck about that?  We were in the draw, not them.

The lad was everywhere though.  Easily shone as the best player on the pitch, and believe me, if you were in the Kop that night, as shit a game as it was - and it cost me £20.00 of my cash which I felt like asking Rick Parry to give me it back to me - it was easy to spot who was the outstanding player on the park. 

Not that all of you who watched it on TV should have to either agree or disagree with me but this lad could easily be utilised in the right way by Benitez, as the important piece in the metaphorical jigsaw.  The type of player who can get about everywhere on the pitch.  Everybody knows how important Dietmar Hamann is to Liverpool, but Rafa has unearthed the great man's natural replacement.

Not just that, I think that he has ten times more the energy, skill and balance than the Kaiser will ever have (not that I am for one minute disrespecting the great German Giant) but Benitez might not have been exaggerating, unlike Gerard Houllier, when he said he has found the 'new' Patrick Vieira, who let's face it, has nothing to prove to anyone considering what he has done on both the domestic and world stage. 

Sissoko with the right guidance, will one day have the ability, like the way Steven Gerrard does (and in my opinion, to a degree, Scott Parker) to run games completely at his own pace.  Unlike the disasters of 2002, I think we have found a real gem of a player who will this season, and surely many more seasons beyond, justify the hype.

Little is being said of Momo at the moment, two games into the season.  Watch out for the plaudits come next May thogh.  You can see it already.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:33 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I voted Sissoko.  The lad is immense. 

I'm looking at him after just a few games, and to think what he will be able to do in a couple of years is frightening, never mind what he can do now.  His influence is obvious.  I saw him up close last week at the CSKA Sofia game where we lost 0-1.  Who gives a fuck about that?  We were in the draw, not them.

The lad was everywhere though.  Easily shone as the best player on the pitch, and believe me, if you were in the Kop that night, as shit a game as it was - and it cost me £20.00 of my cash which I felt like asking Rick Parry to give me it back to me - it was easy to spot who was the outstanding player on the park. 

Not that all of you who watched it on TV should have to either agree or disagree with me but this lad could easily be utilised in the right way by Benitez, as the important piece in the metaphorical jigsaw.  The type of player who can get about everywhere on the pitch.  Everybody knows how important Dietmar Hamann is to Liverpool, but Rafa has unearthed the great man's natural replacement.

Not just that, I think that he has ten times more the energy, skill and balance than the Kaiser will ever have (not that I am for one minute disrespecting the great German Giant) but Benitez might not have been exaggerating, unlike Gerard Houllier, when he said he has found the 'new' Patrick Vieira, who let's face it, has nothing to prove to anyone considering what he has done on both the domestic and world stage. 

Sissoko with the right guidance, will one day have the ability, like the way Steven Gerrard does (and in my opinion, to a degree, Scott Parker) to run games completely at his own pace.  Unlike the disasters of 2002, I think we have found a real gem of a player who will this season, and surely many more seasons beyond, justify the hype.

Little is being said of Momo at the moment, two games into the season.  Watch out for the plaudits come next May thogh.  You can see it already.

Good post Jonny. I agree entirely.

I said it after the Sofia match and I'll repeat it now. If Alonso was a steal at £10m, the signing of Sissoko for £6.6m could eventually prove to be armed robbery.

The boy is 20, no experience with English football, doesn't speak the language very well and is still getting to know his teammates. Still he's allready giving us MOM performances. My God, what if he improves? I've had a close look at him on video too, after the Boro-game. When receiving a pass it looks like his boots have glue on them. The ball's never more than an inch away from his boot. Superb control. He'll be one of the buys of the season without any question. Considering most fans were probably saying "who?" when we were linked with him, this was great work by Rafa yet again. 

On a sidenote, thank you gollum, you've done us a great favour in trying to sign him for your bitter bluesh#te jokers. If you hadn't alerted all to the fact he was available for transfer, we would now be without one of the most promising and gifted players the Premiership has seen for quite a while....the only difference being, you now know the reality of being without him!

Thanks again, that's what good neighbours are for. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:34 am

I agree with what John is saying.

I was at a wedding last Saturday and was talking to a Manure fan who said that Sissoko was akward and lacked class: he called him "Traore at centre midfield".

I couldn't disagree more.

Sissoko, in my opinion, could prove to be a legend at Anfield and could go on to be one of the best players in the Premiership. He's got it all: power, pace, strength, athleticism, energy, energy, energy, dribbling skills, passing ability, the lot.

He is at an akward age in that he is still 20 and his body has a lot of filling out to do yet and his frame, like Traore's, can look ungainly, but that doesn't mean that he lacks class or is a clumsy player. Patrick Vieira, in his pomp, looked an akward and clumsy player, yet could run games and open up defences with his dribbling ability. Vieira may have looked a bit like Carlton Palmer but that was where the comparison stopped, and the same goes for Sissoko.

In 5 years time this guy, injury permitting, will be a giant of a player.

After Sissoko, I have a feeling Cisse will shine. Much of our hopes lie with him, and while he is far from the finished article, this could be a break through season for him. Its all set up for him nicely now: he's back to full fitness, will be a first team regular, and has already bagged 6 goals, which will do him no harm whatsoever.

If Sissoko and Cisse play as well as I hope they will, and pitted with the likes of Gerrard, Alonso and Carragher, we could have a half decent first eleven this year (and lets hop Reina, Morientes and a few others shine as well).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:48 pm

INTERESTING THAT NO-ONE HAS VOTED FOR OUR SPANISH PLAYERS ON THE LIST. REINA, JOSEMI, GARCIA AND NANDO.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:43 pm

, the signing of Sissoko for £6.6m could eventually prove to be armed robbery.

We payed 5 million for Sissoko. JMac is spot on about Sissoko, but I think there will be 2-3 players apart from Sissoko that will shine or I'm hoping that they wil shine.[Cisse,Reina and Pongolle]
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby neilE » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:00 pm

I've been in the "pessimism" camp this week due to our transfer failures - so I'm going to go totally the other way and vote for Kewell...........
neilE

Return to Football Related Polls