Ha alan green has p*ssed the bitters off

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:42 am

:D Nice one Alan :buttrock

Wake up and smell the coffee, David!

By Alan Green
ALL SUPPORTERS love to dream of success, particularly at the dawn of a new season, and the media generally loves to feed those dreams.

That's why you see headlines such as "We Are The New Invincibles" over arrogant ramblings by John Terry and read claims from Gary Neville that Manchester United can go through the campaign unbeaten. The players should know better.

But nowhere is in more need of a hearty dose of reality than Everton Football Club. No sooner had they finished 4th in May, principally due to a wretched league season from Liverpool, than David Moyes was pronouncing his team the "New Kings of Merseyside."

You'd have thought such delusions wouldn't last beyond a certain night in Istanbul, but no.

Amidst many ludicrous statements pre-season (see also Peter Kenyon's "small group of one"), I thought that of Moyes topped the lot "our target is to finish higher than last season."

I think he should see a doctor.

And then I read the programme for Everton's opening fixture against Manchester United. It advertised "superb Everton v Villarreal t-shirts (with Everton in Europe logo and map on the back). We have some left in stock and they are a 'must wear' item for supporters on the night of the 2nd leg, wherever you are in the world."

I wouldn't rush to buy one at £8.99; they'll be on sale at a fraction of that price in just over a week's time.

They talk big at Everton; the truth is harsher. All summer, there have been boasts of how much they have to spend, the players they're after and who wants to go to Goodison. I even saw James Beattie interviewed about how 'new signing' Milan Baros would fit in alongside him.

Sorry, have I missed something? Instead, the reality is that Everton have bought Per Kroldrup, a defender I hadn't heard of, and two players clearly discarded by their clubs, Simon Davies and Phil Neville.

Isn't it so that no one really wanted to join a team who'd performed beyond their wildest dreams for one season and are now likely to drop back where they'd come from? Not even Craig Bellamy who changed his mind after talking to the manager. Nice one, Dave.

Moyes should be dampening expectations, not feeding them. He should be relieved that he managed to persuade his best players, Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta to stay on.

He should be telling supporters to think of a top 10 finish at best, not speaking of third place or better.

Everton supporters can dream but they're not fools. Moyes says his team didn't get what they deserved against Villarreal. Most everyone else knows better. The Spanish side controlled the game without having to exert themselves. It will require a miracle to reach the group stages.

You see, their eyes were so dazzled by the headlights they failed to comprehend they hadn't actually qualified for the Champions League, only for a qualifying round.

And Manchester United, apart from one superb save by Edwin Van Der Sar, were in easy command of Saturday's game.

Most dishearteningly for advocates of the so-called 'School of Science', when Everton failed to trouble Fergie's men they quickly resorted to their standard 'Plan B', bring on Duncan Ferguson and lump the ball forward. Inevitably, it failed.

Evertonians may dream on but trust me; normal service has resumed at Goodison Park.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:50 am

Always nice to read some cold harsh facts especially when they concern Everton LOL  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 pm

.. Great article and Alan Green is a Liverpool Supporter any way. Moyes is defo a rookie manager in European terms especially, that was self evident in the display against Villa Real. The reactions of his players to every ref decision was embarrassing. Kings of Mersey side :D kings of mediocrity more likely :D
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Alan Green is cool.
:cool:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Afroman » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:33 am

I loved reading that   :buttrock
and all true  :D
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:04 am

Good lad Alan

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:06 pm

its even on the front page of tonights echo, the bluenoses are fuming.  :D

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:02 pm

Alan green is a very good commentator ( at least in terms of conveying the excitement and tension of a game) but sadly beyond that he is a bit of a wanker, too busy planning how to take his self-importance to an even higher level

Having said that his comments about the blueshite are spot on. The only reason they have qualified to qualify for Europe is that the competition (us included) were cr@p last season, and the sooner that Evertonians realise that the better for them. We will be a different prospect altogether this season and will easily achieve 4th (who knows, with a bit of luck maybe even 3rd?) leaving Everton competing with very strong sides like Boro, Spurs and potentially good sides like City and Villa.

Last season was their zenith, this season will be back to earth with a big blue bump

Oh yeah, nice one Alan Green for telling the bitters like it is, but you're still a knob
Last edited by Woollyback on Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:20 pm

:D Its on the front page of the echo, and they are all complaining, nothing about Howard Kendalls drunken rants about Heysel and us being back in though, is there no one says a word about that.
So it says in the echo complain about Alan green so Ive sent an email saying since when is having an opinion for telling the truth wrong :D
Some of them bitters are really thick, he wrote this article in an Irish newspaper and they are saying its taking TV licences cash :laugh:

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve....ge.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:24 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I wouldn't rush to buy one at £8.99; they'll be on sale at a fraction of that price in just over a week's time.

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:57 am

Neverton has just been knocked out by Villareal.

Credit to them, they did fight all the way and managed to harass Villareal by their standard physical approach. They are a limited team but to Moyes' credit, his team's fighting spirit is really admirable.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Magician » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:56 pm

I totally agree with what Alan said about Everton
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:02 pm

Ah domestic bitter. How does it taste.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<