If there ever was a better time to........ - Prove your commitment now!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:08 pm

In Australia, our Aussie Rules Code is huge, quite massive, and the following is even more so. A few years back there was a player who was up in arms with offers to switch clubs. In our game here, we have the regular season, and after the top 8 teams playoff in a finals campaign, meaning the winner of the finals are crowned champions. My point is that this player had played the entire season with the weight of his club on his shoulders, awaiting his decision. Massive burden on him, the club and supporters.

Before the lead up to the finals, the club was in a struggle to make the top 8, and this was when the player decided to commit to his club and before the final match of the season, he signalled to the club by signing a contract that made him stay in Perth. The whole club's morale was hugely boosted by this act, and the club fought and scratched their way and eventually made it to their first final ever in their existance.

What I'm trying to point out is that Gerrard, talented as he is, has an ace up his sleeves, and if he chooses to stay with us, this would prove such a massive boost for our whole club before we embark on some magic times again. Now, more than ever, is the time to do it. Even with Mourinho's mind games playing on his head saying that Gerrard aint worth getting, it would be an awesome point in time to stick it right up him, and give our club a massive boost.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 04, 2005 12:26 am

Yes it would, and I wish he would do that, but in reality he wants to keep his options open. (Perhaps now we've knocked the to*sers out of Europe he may decide to commit!) Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon May 09, 2005 11:32 am

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=10825

Methinks he's seen me thread
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:47 am

Well, its been a while since I first started this thread, and since I haven't been around any computers for the best part of the summer (winter here) a lot of time has passed. Since then we've signed on a tremendous work horse of a player, and an inspiration. This signing is Stevie Gerrard. The start of this thread was around the time LFC were in dire straits in the league, but coming through the ranks of the Champions League. We all know what happened next, and it all worked out for the better, now that LFC are rightfully back into the competition, and Everton are out. HOWEVER, if this didn't happen, and LFC weren't in the position they are in now, it would have been doom and gloom.

This is why it was important that Stevie sign on with us, and send out a warning to other clubs that LFC are back, and playing for honours. You can't buy class, and both LFC and Stevie are full of class. As i said above, the club is embarking on some magical times again, and for Stevie to sign on and wanting to be a part of it, would and should be a massive boost for all around him.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion