Kop go for raul

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:16 pm

Kinda don't see it coming for Raul coming to Anfield.
For me his star is ending to shine. His performances are becoming more and more avarage. Maybe a switch in clubs would bring him some fresh air and sharpen his moves but he has pledged himself to stay at Bernabeu for all of his career.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:50 am

Ronaldo is "broader" around the middle compared to his younger days and he may have lost some turn of speed now compared to prior to his serious knee injury but show him an opposition goal, and he can give the likes of Baros a lifetime's worth of lessons on how to score.

How can anyone say that Ronaldo is a flop? I am amazed...

Great strikers, like Ronaldo and Shearer, have the ability to adapt and yet still score plentiful. When he was younger, he relied so much on pace, power and all his trickery, now with obviously more bulk (perhaps some of this is muscle development), he relies more on his positioning instincts as well as anticipation than pace but he still has the power and trickery, and has continued to bang in goals.

Same for Shearer - less speed now but he compensated with other aspects of his game and is still banging in goals.

Unfortunately, we don't have these great strikers. Let Baros go and try to find alternatives as clearly, the Baros solution is not working well enough.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:51 am

Raul would be a great addition.  We would then have a very potent attack and some variety with cisse's speed and raul and morientes bringing skill and finishing we would definetly score a lot of goals.  Last season was a bad one for him but I think he will rebound and if he could do it at anfield that would be sweet. I just hope that if we do land him that is not all for big names.  I would like to see a midfielder and another dman.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:40 am

el_stinger wrote:He didn't do much mate, I figure him as a flop. 4 years at Inter, what did he win? At Real, what did he win?

That's just dumb - Lets take Fowler at Liverpool - What did he win? Shearer at Newcastle, what has he won? Very little. Are these two players flops?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:44 am

I think it's crazy that people are questioning Raul's ability :laugh:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:21 am

Raul is class.

He would be worth another 12 points on his own next season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:18 am

Scottbot wrote:
el_stinger wrote:He didn't do much mate, I figure him as a flop. 4 years at Inter, what did he win? At Real, what did he win?

That's just dumb - Lets take Fowler at Liverpool - What did he win? Very little. Are these two players flops?

Fowler - Coca Cola Cup
            Worthington Cup
            F.A Cup
            U.E.F.A. Cup
Shearer - Premier League (Blackburn Rovers)

With that comment, are you really a Liverpool supporter? Who is dumber now? Fowler not winning anything at Liverpool??  :no
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:26 am

Didn't Fowler also win the Super Cup and Charity Shield with us? ???

He won the Coca Cola cup twice (1995 against Bolton).
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:30 pm

el_stinger wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

That's just dumb - Lets take Fowler at Liverpool - What did he win? Very little. Are these two players flops?

Fowler - Coca Cola Cup
            Worthington Cup
            F.A Cup
            U.E.F.A. Cup
Shearer - Premier League (Blackburn Rovers)

With that comment, are you really a Liverpool supporter? Who is dumber now? Fowler not winning anything at Liverpool??  :no

Ringsting

Granted Fowler won a few trophies with the club - Point i was trying to make was Fowler was a class above for several seasons and (for me) deserved to win the big ones (league/European Cup). If he had won nothing - Would that have made him a flop?

I referred to Shearer's career at Newcastle where he has not won a trophy. Shoclingly - Shearer's only success has been the distant championship with Blackburn more than ten years ago. Has he been a flop at Newcastle because the club has won nothing during his time there?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Galactico » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:53 pm

Ronaldo a flop???  1994- unused sub admittedly however he was 17- world cup medal
                         PSV- top goalscorer dutch champions and Uefa cup medal
                         Bacelona La Liga champions agian top goalscorer
                         1998- world cup finalist-  tournaments top goalscorer
                         2002- World cup winner-  tournaments top goalscorer
                         Real madrid-  Top goalscorer two out of three seasons and another title in La Liga
                         InterMilan- Forever injured

God knows what else he's won in the FA cup equivalents and what not???
I'm a liverpool fan have been for 24 years and yes the only time i can say Fowler aint won jack sh*t is when you compare him to arguably one of the greatest footballer that has ever lived?? Shame that he had TWO potentially career ending injuries so early in his career and still look at him??

WHOEVER can claim he's a flop............. f*ck off back to your American Football forum!!!!!!
Galactico

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:27 am

Galactico wrote:                        InterMilan- Forever injured

This is the period im talking about! This is where he flopped it and dropped the ball. I only said he wasted at Inter, never said anything else, the rest of you didn't read the thread and only got the last page or so.

As for scott, if you take away anyone's trophies, they will have had below standard careers, particularly by their standards.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Galactico » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:38 am

Sorry mate point taken..... but a flop is a hard word especially to jugde someone when thier out injured.
Galactico

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:06 am

Point taken, but many are regarding Harry Kewell as a flop since his injured Liverpool career, and this can be highlighted by Ronaldo and his injury plagued Italian period.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion