Hamann sets sights on premiership glory - Paul eaton 09 june 2005 (.tv)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:54 pm

HAMANN SETS SIGHTS ON PREMIERSHIP GLORY
Paul Eaton 09 June 2005 

Dietmar Hamann is desperate to complete his Anfield medal collection by winning the Premiership title next season. 
The German midfielder has enjoyed a trophy-laden career with the Reds, but now wants to add the missing piece of the jigsaw by adding the league title to the list of honours he's won during his time at the club.

Hamann, who last week agreed a deal in principle to extend his stay at Anfield, admits breaking into the top three isn't going to be easy, but after last season's Champions League success Hamann admits Liverpool have proved anything is possible in football.

"It's going to be hard to challenge for the title in the next two seasons, but let's give it a go," he said. "The Premiership is the only club competition I haven't won since I joined Liverpool. I'm desperate for us to do it.

"The manager has achieved great things already by winning the Champions League and I know he's planning to bring in new players for next season.

"If we can settle quickly and everyone starts working together tactically early on, who knows what can happen? Who would have predicted we would win the Champions League a year ago?

"Maybe we can surprise the top three. It's going to be tough to do that, but I think we'll improve a lot."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion