Kewell hits out at media 'lies' - Paul eaton 01 june 2005  (.tv)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:39 pm

KEWELL HITS OUT AT MEDIA 'LIES'
Paul Eaton 01 June 2005 

Harry Kewell has hit out at the British press for attempting to put a dampener on the greatest night of his career. 
Kewell was a surprise starter in the Champions League final but lasted only 23 minutes before limping off with a groin injury which required an operation at the end of last week.

The Liverpool midfielder has had to contend with accusations of lying about his injury problems all season and now he feels the time has come for him to hit back, especially after some sections of the media criticised him for leaving the field in Turkey.

"The British newspapers have tried to ruin my celebrations by deliberately lying about my injury," he said. "But that's been going on for over six months, so it doesn't surprise me.

"What is important is that the best manager in the world had the faith in me to start me when noone else thought I had a chance.

"What started off as the greatest moment in my career turned into my greatest disappointment 17 minutes later.

"Fortunately my team-mates were able to turn that disappointment into the greatest final ever seen.

"As for the newspapers, they can keep writing their lies. Please do your worst as it only makes me stronger."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion