Miller: rafa will lead us to further glory - Steve hunter 01 june 2005  (.tv)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:36 pm

MILLER: RAFA WILL LEAD US TO FURTHER GLORY
Steve Hunter 01 June 2005 

Liverpool first team coach Alex Miller has praised the work of manager Rafael Benitez and firmly believes he will bring more success to Anfield in the future. 
Miller was speaking exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv on board the open top tour bus as the Reds paraded their Champions League trophy to 750,000 fans last week.

He says Liverpool defied the critics to win the Champions League and insists they thoroughly deserved to do so.

Miller told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It's a fantastic achievement and it's fantastic for the players who have worked exceptionally hard. It is very good for the manager and in his first season to win the Champions League, especially when everybody had written us off.

"I think we have really performed well in this competition and we have deserved to win it with the performances we have given.

"Rafa has brought us the Champions League in his first season here and what an ultimate prize that is. It is a hard act to follow but I am sure that with his knowlege and with his understanding of the game then we can come here again and I am sure we will."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion