Aldo radio phone in - My thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:51 pm

It's a sad day when even the fans percieve finishing 4th is a bigger prize than trying to win the European Cup.You can shove the cash cow right up the ****** ...I say it's about winning cups, leagues and the cash is just a bonus.

4th place.....premier league the only sporting competition in the world that rewards 4th place and regards winning cups as a lesser achievement.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:47 am

I'm with Supersub on this one. You could argue that Clubs would rather finish 4th in the prem rather than winning the FA or Carling Cup but as a fan who has had the privalege and good fortune to be at my fair share of Cup Finals and thankfully winning them most of the time there is no better feeling than to see your team lift a Cup.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:35 am

its all to do with money the cl is just one big money making machine and its the likes of ourselves who are starting to rely on that money coming in thats why even tho we have a possability of winning it the financial people are sh!tting themselves about us finishing fouth this year dont get me wrong i want us to win this year but we would never of had a chance if it was done the old way ,not with this team, it some how devalues the competition if a team that finishes 4th by a long way now has a chance of winning it CHAMPIONS league my ******.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:04 am

As if Everton could get past Sturm Graz/Dinamo Bucharest/Shelbourne/Maccabi Tel Aviv or whoever the hell they would meet even in the pre-qualifers if they managed to get 4th spot!

I was thinking the same, I don't think they could get into the group stages.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:58 am

There's no contest. If we won the Champions League it wouldn't bother me if we completely fell apart in the league.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion