Aldo speaks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:18 am

Great read, enjoy.

Rafa The Spanish Shankly

Liverpool legend John Aldridge believes Rafael Benitez has all the qualities needed to recreate former glories at Anfield and admits the Spaniard reminds him in some ways of late great Bill Shankly.
Aldridge has been mightily impressed with the job Benitez has done since becoming Reds boss last summer and thinks the club is definitely heading in the right direction under guidance.

"I had the pleasure of 90 minutes in the company of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez earlier this week and as a result the Reds chief has gone up even more in my estimation. The club is in superb hands," says Aldo.
"He is an intelligent, articulate, down-to-earth football man. His tactical approach this season has impressed me greatly. And he has a clear, focussed plan for how the club will develop in years to come.

"I have faith that he will achieve his goal of taking Liverpool back to the pinnacle of the English and European game. His knowledge and passion for the game means that I am not over-stating it when I suggest he could prove to be the 'Spanish Shankly'."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion