My starting eleven - carling cup - Kewell should be drop !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:02 am

I would not play Kewell. I feel that he is not contributing anything on the left hand side. Take the match against Bayer Leverkusen. He played a slightly forward role, dropping back with Baros forward. So what did Harry Kewell contribute in his return? Nothing! Maybe except for giving away unnecessary free kicks. This would prove to be fatal, against Chelsea.

Some might argue that he just came back from a two month injury lay-off and he should be given more time.

Unfortunately, time is not exactly in our favour. I personally feel that Kewell has been given too much of time to 'improve' and to 'work things out'. Kewell erratic and inconsistant form does not warrant a first eleven line up.

This would be my choice of line up for the Carling Cup final;

Morientes Baros

Riise Hamann Gerrard Garcia

Traore Hypia Carragher Finnan   

Dudek

Forwards -  Morientes is on top form, plays the ball intelligently, able to head and hold up the ball well. Baros is not scoring at the moment but should be able to work well with Morientes as the target man.

Midfields - Everyone rave about Gerrard and Didi Hamann is often under rated. Hamann plays it simple. He doesn't pass it long and is very direct in its approach. Currently on top form, Hamann should provide a good backing. With Hamann doing the backing, Gerrard should be able to concentrate on piercing the opponent's defence.

Riise can run well with the ball and most importanly he can score, as well as provide. At times he will drop deep to defend.He does not give away possesion easily. I would definately pick him ahead of Kewell.

Garcia is good with his foot, has the same sort of intelligence that Morientes has. Can score and as well as provide.

Defenders - Traore is the weakest link at at the back. But he is a much improve player compared with last season. With Riise playing ahead of him, Traore will have the confidence, knowing that Riise will drop deep and defend as well. If Kewell is playing instead, he will just keep giving possession away and that will give Traore a whole lot of pressure to deal with.

Hypia is hardworking, reads the game and cover his back well. But at times he lacks the pace. Carragher got to provide that cover and run that extra mile for Hypia. With Carragher and Hypia, central defend should be rock solid.

Finnan can defend well and provide crosses, a jewel at right back.

Goalkeeper - After watching the Liverpool and Leverkusen match, I am a bit worried. Dudek has this tendency of making mistakes in big matches. This will prove costly.
marcus.c

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:29 am

there is already a thread on this, check first before you post
112-1077774096

Postby marcus.c » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:08 pm

I do know that there is a thread quite similar to mine but however its content and views are totally different. So I do not think I am repeating the views of another person. As my thread focus on dropping Kewell and my thoughts on its line up strength.
marcus.c

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:58 pm

peewee wrote:there is already a thread on this, check first before you post

Now theres another one numpty
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion