Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Should the fa cup lead to champs league - What do u think

yes, fa cup winners should be in champions league
56%
no, it should go to 4th place
44%

Total votes : 9

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:46 pm

i say the fa cup winners deserve a champions league place. after all, they are champions of soemthing, and it would bring backa  lot mroe prestige to the cup, what y'all say?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:49 pm

one major problem with that.

last year millwall would have qualified for the champions league due to the fact that manure qualified through their league position. millwall in the champions league? i don't think so.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:15 pm

True but I think you'd find that the major Premiership teams would be far more competitive in the competition if there was a reward like that in it. I actually like the idea of it.. it would also even out the gulf between the mid tabe teams and the big teams in the long run, meaning it is only better for teh game. It certainly make more sense than awarding a Champs League spot for 4th place and would bring a lot more prestige back to the competition. Let's faceit for us this year losing the matcha against Burnley isn't a big disaster for a lot of the players. They don't understand the importance of the cup. Put a CL spot on the line and you can be sure they would be a damn sight more competitive.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:05 am

interseting concept, may bring the prestige back and avoid results like Burnley.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:14 am

FIFA Won't allow it .....nice thought though.

Although Spain, Italy and France all treat their Cup competitions with contempt and its not unusual to see a lot of the smaller clubs in these countries lifting the main cups ......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:48 am

.. No .. Champions league means champions only... I do feel the current comp should be called the "European Super League.. ".. because the spirit of Champions competing has somewhat been lost on that front too...

UEFA and the Elite clubs, always wanted to create a lucrative super league... and this is exactly what the "Champions League " is...

The Cup Winners Cup should be brought bak... for cup winners and then League cuop winners could also compete in there...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:29 pm

zarababe wrote:.. No .. Champions league means champions only... I do feel the current comp should be called the "European Super League.. ".. because the spirit of Champions competing has somewhat been lost on that front too...

UEFA and the Elite clubs, always wanted to create a lucrative super league... and this is exactly what the "Champions League " is...

The Cup Winners Cup should be brought bak... for cup winners and then League cuop winners could also compete in there...

agreed, i never did understand why thet scrapped the cup winners cup, good competition if you ask me. Good concept i think, the domestic cup winners of europe facing each other.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:29 pm

stmichael wrote:one major problem with that.

last year millwall would have qualified for the champions league due to the fact that manure qualified through their league position. millwall in the champions league? i don't think so.

exactly
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football Related Polls