Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Dudek or Kirkland? - Who do you want?

Keep him in the team
81%
Drop him, NOW!
19%

Total votes : 31

Postby supersub » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:53 pm

Dudek was having a bad time like a lot of the other players.He a least has redeemed himself with match winning performances i.e.cup final and Charlton saturday for example.Whereas some of the misfits are still under-achieving.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby scouse girl » Thu May 08, 2003 8:52 pm

I am totally with you hyypia12 - Jerzy we love you, your great (not as good as steven gerard but who is?)
scouse girl

Postby Teraeyes » Fri May 09, 2003 4:12 pm

Dudek has proven himself, yet again, to be one of the best shot stoppers in europe.  He put his Man Utd ghosts to rest when Kirkland got his injury.  I think he should stay the number 1 keeper, Kirkland was on a run of success aswell and proved he is a keeper for the premiership but I think Dudek has the edge and is an alround better keeper.
Teraeyes

Postby WISLA KrakoW Poland » Fri May 09, 2003 5:44 pm

Jurek is very good player. If Liverpool want to sale Him , ten please call WISLA first. We are looking well goalkeeper now.

One bad match , and Liverpool's fan want to sale him?
Hmm....
Nice fan...

ONE LOVE - WISLA KRAKOW
F@CK LEGIA WARSAW!!!!!!!!
WISLA KrakoW Poland

Postby Funk » Tue May 13, 2003 4:16 pm

There is no doubt that Kirkland is a fantastic talent and LFC will certainly benefit from him in the future but you cannot deny Dudek is absolutly outstanding and possibly the best keeper LFC have had since Ray Clemence. Yes, I know he has made a couple of mistakes but just look at 99% of his performances... Priceless. No matter how good a keeper is, one mistake and thats what people remember... Its just a pity that some red fans have forgot just what he has done for us.

Jurzey Dudek we love you.... You will never walk alone...
Funk

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:36 pm

:p I've got nothing bad to say about Dudek who has proved to be a quality keeper and a good buy,but Kirkland should definetely be number 1,he has been first class when he's played and if he didn't get injured he would have been between the sticks for the rest of the season. We need to give ck the shirt on the first game of the season and allow him to develop into the England goalkeeper for the next 10 years,it was only a cruel injury that robbed him of his first start for his country..and if he plays most of our games next year i'm certain that he would be picked ahead of James..being the only english keeper to be involved in European competition will give him great experience as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:35 am

i agree with gh's policy with the keepers
dudek should be number 1 and kirkland the understudy...and most of all just as gh did last season, when jerzy is out of form, bring kirkland in...and if he holds his spot, good for him...
jaypap

Postby catenacio » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:53 am

Has anyone else noticed chris kirklands poor positional sense? I accept that will come with experience, coahing and pure time.  Dudek......some amazing saves.....some diabolical howlers..........a time machine....... G'day bruce

spot the similarity ?
catenacio

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:36 pm

Anyone here of the school of thought that the keeping coach is to blame? (I forget his name) Some reckon that good keepers are turned into cr@p until they leave Anfield and then they become good again. Friedel and James are two keepers who get mentions, Westerveld has also been mentioned
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:00 pm

Is it still joe corrigan?
I still wouldnt let david james anywhere near our goal,too many painful memories.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:47 am

I think it is Joe, I remembered the name not long after and forgot to come back and post it! :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby French-LFC-fan » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:03 pm

I've read that Mickael Landreau (FC Nantes) may go to anfield next year.
Do you think it's true?
French-LFC-fan

Postby Scottbot » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:32 pm

Personally i like Kirkland and i think that GH had decided he would be no.1 however his recurrent injuries mean we have to keep a keeper of Dudeks quality on board as well. They are both quality keepers and i am happy with either of them between the posts. How many other teams have that kinda depth at the position?  :;):
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:48 am

SCOTTBOT i agree with you there mate but look at the rest of the team and see how many replacements we have for the other positions!!!and i mean QUALITY replacements :(
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:01 am

I am worried a little about our third choice keeper, but it's only really a problem when Kirkland keeps getting injured. I hate to say this but perhaps we should put him down to third choice and get another keeper in. He won't strictly speaking be out of contention, but we can sort of rotate him with the 2nd choice and play him sometimes. If he keeps getting injured we need to get another good keeper
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls