Your thoughts on tomorrow's game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:26 pm

Feel free to discuss our game tomorrow here, whatever comes to mind about our players,etc.. post it here. Lets have a nice discussion for once without insults, we can all do that right?

My Thoughts
  • Nobody in England believes we can win. The pundits and even us the fans. However it doesn't matter what we believe its what the players believe. If they have confidence, the right mentality they can get a good result. If they are willing to put an effort against Chelsea and fight like dogs the whole 90 minutes [plus stoppage time] then we will see a different Liverpool side.

An example of a scrap on the pitch was West Bromich vs. Bolton. Bromich were brilliant, they fought all 94 minutes with all their might and they won. They beat Bolton, a team we,the Gunners and the Mancs couldn't beat.

It is simply up to the players. We are not some low-level club with a bunch of clown players, we have briliant players we just need to balance things out.

If they fight with intelligence they can do something good in London, and not just play good in the first half and play sloppy in the second. No, it has to be a fight for the whole 90 minutes if they want to bounce back.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:41 pm

Stay in bed all day and pull the covers over your head. Don't buy the papers on Monday !! :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:46 pm

A.B. mate I believe our LFC team can beat the best on there day, i even believe we can win tomorrow but I believed we should have beat bolton, manure, Olympiakos but now im thinking we will get beat, so maybe we will win its all in the mind of our players they lack confidence, and its a pity because we have some great players in our team, its just a pity Gerrard isnt fit for tomorrows game but i think the fact is we are going to have to face the fact and live without him pretty soon :(
Benitez said today the only player in our side with fighting spirit in him is Carragher maybe the arm band should be given to him till the return of Stevie.
Even though I dont think Carragher is in benitez's long term plans, and come next season he is going to be a fringe player for us like a few others, my only worry is our bench is very empty which is extremly worrying we dont have no one to turn a game around.
:( Having biscan, Traore an Diao sitting there makes my cringe :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:46 pm

As long as we don't lose, i'm happy.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:51 pm

Yeah,

give the armband to carra. He's the vocal type who can get the team going.

As for carra not being in Rafa's long term plan, i don't really think so. In my opinion carra will be our centrback for a long time. Its hyppia who has to be worried.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:55 pm

I duno rock maybe raffa sees carra in a diffrent light now since when he took over, but he isnt really world class is he? I mean sven never picks him does he?
But then again sven keeps pickin beckham :p
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fat Controller » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:14 pm

If Liverpool go into tomorrows match in the right frame of mind then i can see no reason why they cannot get a result.I would like to see Rafa use 4-4-2 for this game and starting with Cisse and Baros up front with Garcia and Kewell on both wings because i believe Chelsea if they are to be broken down then it is from the wings that the most damage can be done,they are not unbeatable and on their day Liverpool can do it if they BELIEVE in themselves.
Fat Controller

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:26 pm

I agree with you. It depends on the players confidence. Back in the 70's and 80's  we had a great starting 11 and we won titles with just that 11 without having a good bench.

Chelsea are now confident but too much of a good thing always equals something negative. Chelsea believe that they have 3 points in the bag already. We won't underestimate them but the only side that will be underestimated is US.

Who honestly thought that West Brom would had beaten Bolton at home? Nobody, I personally thought they were going to get trashed, but looked what happend. Thats the beauty of football.

Hyypia isn't the captain he once was, I think Carragher could be a better captain. He has the right spirit and characterstics of a leader. Kewell has to wake up from his nightmare, he himself is the reason why he hasn't be playing good. He stated that his only critic is himself and I agree. He has to get his head out of the gutter and breath the fresh air otherwise he will not expand his career.

I know Rafa knows Mourinho's tactics so I can only hope that Rafa has a good plan. Zonal marking system will not do it, we are not used to it and we are not Valencia. We are Liverpool FC damn it!
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:06 pm

If the players want to win, they will win
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:07 pm

I'm so desperate for this win :blues:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:55 pm

If we can take just a point from this chelsea it'll be excellent, don't forget, they are yet to lose a game so a draw would be a good result for us and a disaster for chelsea (who would then be 4 points off the pace already)
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby vlady16.1 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:30 am

i agree -- i will assume that when rafa charted the season -- this game would be deemed as one that in probability would be lost therefore a point would be an excellant outcome and an outright win would be a bonus -- we may see something different out of the gate as he has to feel there is nothing to lose so changing things may have reduced risk

being an underdog should allow him to try something he is toying with in his head - especially considering current away form -- morinho knows this too so let the chess game begin

non the less i need a good win so i can go to my local for breakfast in a happy mood -- chelsea 0 liverpool 3  hyppia, kewell, alonso  -- hyppia's set piece will be like one of the greek goals -- at least i hope
vlady16.1

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:38 am

a draw would be a fantastic result, this is the honeymoon season, but i still expect us to be closer than 30 points to the winners of the league
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:10 am

Jose Mourinho spoke about us and he really doesn't know what kind of tactics he will use against us because he has seen two different sides of us in the season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:50 am

Heart says we can win but it always does
Head would be happy with a draw
And if its a loss then let be a fighting loss to stomach
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<