Baros ends speculation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:26 pm

Milan Baros is confident his front line partnership with Fernando Morientes will produce enough goals to see the Reds climb the table over the remainder of the season.
Baros has been instantly impressed by Morientes' work on the training field as he begins to adapt to his new career in the Premiership, and he says it's only a matter of time before he starts banging in the goals for the Reds.

He said: "Already you can tell what an excellent player he is going to be for Liverpool. Of course, you must already be a special player to have won three Champions League medals and everything else he has achieved in his career.

"I think he will prove to be an excellent signing for Liverpool. He is strong, very strong on the ball so he will be able to hold onto it in England but I have already been impressed with the way he brings other people into the game.

"We have seen flashes of his best form in training and it is obvious he is going to fit in well at Liverpool. We want to be challenging higher up the Premiership table and to do that we have to improve our quality.

"Fernando is a player who does that instantly. I'm really looking forward to working together with him at Anfield because I think our partnership will get goals."

Baros has also rejected speculation he could be on his way out of Anfield to Italian outfit Fiorentina.

He added: "I have seen the speculation and I can tell you there is no truth in this story. I have not been contacted by anybody about a move away from Liverpool.

"I am a Liverpool player, I am happy here and I enjoy playing for the fans. That is all that matters. We are still in three competitions and all I think about is making sure we do our best in them."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:33 am

Its only because Barcelona didn't come in don't think he stayed because he loves the club if Real madrid or Barcelona come he will be off :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:50 am

Real Madrid? Are you having a laugh?

Let's see here
1.Raul
2.Ronaldo
3.Owen
4.Baros

You think Morientes liked sitting on the bench as fourth choice, I don't think so, so why would Baros? If Baros were to leave he would leave for Barca not Real Madrid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:02 am

But he has said if Barca came up with a bid, he'll go to Spain. Thats straight from the horse's mouth.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:24 am

he said, but not saying now.
i think now we got fernando baros will stay. quality. buit of relief i gotta admit
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:56 pm

if we were still a big club players wouldnt have to look elsewhere.  this is the reality after years of mismanagement and a ****** board of directors.
109-1105722616

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:00 pm

marklfc wrote:if we were still a big club players wouldnt have to look elsewhere.  this is the reality after years of mismanagement and a ****** board of directors.

Shut Up Diaponeer
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:10 am

not meaning to spread stupid rumours, but heard this from a valued source of mine:
Apparently...
We are selling Milan Baros in the summer, this is why Bellamy recently turned down his move to birmingham. The Newcastle star is said to want a move to liverpool and with baros going in the summer Liverpool are frantically trying to finalise financial matters.
Bellamy would then be available for the champions league... where we will play him on the right wing :laugh: :laugh:

maybe its rubbish abuot baros but its well known that bellamy wants to come to us. i have been thinking about it long and hard and in all hopnesty i could see a bellamy morientex partnership working pretty well, but i dunno, heads spinning lately with the rumour mill in overdrive
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion