Marketing - Lost revenue

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:43 am

there is a paper in malaysia called the new straits times and every friday they have a section where famous malaysian women say who they fancy in the premier league. now bear in mind most of them support the scum as they know nothing about football, but i thought you may like this:

Louisa Chang - actress
cristaino ronaldo, he is young, fresh and adorable
wayne rooney, another young cute thing

zizah Ariffin - tv host
wayne rooney, i like wayne because, firstly hes cute and secondly he is young and one of the best strikers in the premier league. hey hes not called the "young pele" for nothing.
RVN, well who wouldnt admire his height and good looks, and of course hes also very talented

Sheliza shahadan- tv host
christano ronaldo, i love him because he is a very good right midfielder, most of all he is cute and i love his hair.

now you can see what i have to put up with in malaysia. sure there are some knowledgable people out here, one posts on here arizahamad. but the majority know sweet fa about football and then try to argue with me about the game. most people come out with utter rubbish.its hard to have a decent discussion unless its with my english friends. thats why i like to come on here. HOWEVER LITTLE SOME PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE GAME THERE IS STILL A MARKET OUT HERE FOR MERCHANDISE.

anyway does anyone else thing rooney is cute and ronaldo has nice hair? and it obviously helps if you look like a horse out here. i know the women here are easily pleased because i look like a smacked @rse and have a head like a robbers dog but i do ok, i reckon even Dom1 would pull out here    :D

still it just shows a lot of people outside the UK dont support a club because of their football, the support because of an individual, that was obvious out here when beckham left the scum and real madrid shirts started to appear everywhere.

i think Liverpool missed out this during our heyday, we didnt market enough, i remember the souvenir shop being in the corner of the main stand car park, and thats all there was. there was no shop in town. come out to asia and the scum have official shops everywhere, kuala lumpur even had a bar, we missed out big style on extra revenue as the off field side of the business was not run properley while the scum, even though at the time they were not winning anything were making a fortune in shirt sales etc.

asia is such a big market and liverpool are not really tapping into it, we make the odd tour to thailand as we are massive there, but try to find an official liverpool outlet and you cant. the scum had an official outlet near my office which closed recentley. liverpool should be entering these places selling official merchandise like the shops in the uk. people would buy the stuff out here, you cant go to a shop here and buy  a players picture or a 'this is anfield' sign for example, i know they would sell out here.

we have missed out on this revenue for too long and now we should start to get some returns from our poularity out here, a large number of supporters do still like us.

the fault here has to lie with the board, as a business they should always be looking for extra revenue, the nature of a business is to make money and we have seemed to have missed out on a major money spinner now for so many years.

its hard to get accross to people in the UK just how big the epl is out here, we get about 5 live games every weekend, followed by the other games in full, we get the champions league live and england games, its massive in asia and we are not getting our share or the revenues it can generate.

any thoughts?
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:14 am

peewee wrote:a robbers dog

There's an awful lot of "dog" references in this forum lately , usually  expressed negatively .  :down:

:D

On merchadising , you're right Peewee the mkt over your way IS massive however I'm not sure how much real profit can be made,lets face it, would the average asian fan buy a genuine shirt when they can pick up a good Thai produced fake for a third of the price ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:26 am

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:a robbers dog

There's an awful lot of "dog" references in this forum lately , usually  expressed negatively .  :down:

On merchadising , you're right Peewee the mkt over your way IS massive however I'm not sure how much real profit can be made,lets face it, would the average asian fan buy a genuine shirt when they can pick up a good Thai produced fake for a third of the price ?

i agree on the shirts, but its the rest of the merchandise, the flags, scarfs, pictures, novelties etc.

the shirts are in abundance here mate, i can get one for 40 ringitt, thats about 5 quid, but there is no access to the other products.
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:46 am

But surely the minute those other products are released onto the mkt once again the pirates will jump in ?

You mentioned that ManU had an official outlet near you which recently closed . Guess that say's it all ,( much as I hate them they know a thing or two about mkting.)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:58 am

woof woof ! wrote:But surely the minute those other products are released onto the mkt once again the pirates will jump in ?

You mentioned that ManU had an official outlet near you which recently closed . Guess that say's it all ,( much as I hate them they know a thing or two about mkting.)

it closed because every day after work i used to stand outside, drop my kecks and rub my @rse on the window   :D
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:09 am

peewee wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:But surely the minute those other products are released onto the mkt once again the pirates will jump in ?

it closed because every day after work i used to stand outside, drop my kecks and rub my @rse on the window   :D

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Must have been your ar'se in Roberts latest bum pic then . ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:16 am

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Must have been your ar'se in Roberts latest bum pic then . ?

:D  thats one sweaty hairy @rse
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:57 am

i think the malaysian women need some dawson loving
let them know i'm on my way
if they like rooney, ive gotta have a good chance right? ???
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:13 pm

Jeez these malaysian women sound f*cked up in the extreme :oh:  How anyone could describe Rooney as anything other than a medical experiment gone wrong is beyond me :D

But anyway, marketing - yeah we've missed the boat big time on that one. I don't particularly like the thought of us being the kind of club who'll sell sh*te to idiots for a living but unfortunately that's one of the things you have to do these days if you want to keep up. Personally I think China is the place to be concentrating our efforts, one and a half billion consumers just waiting to buy western cr*p, that market will EXPLODE in the coming years believe me.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum