LOST - (SEASON 5) SPOILERS WITHIN...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby fivecups » Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 am

Sabre wrote:I'm not in the finale lovers, nor the finale haters group.

I guess I liked it, because Lost is the first tv show I'll bother to watch again to understand it better. I feel like watching the show from this new perspective, so I guess that I'm not too dissapointed after all.

P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt4aO8bCYd4&feature=player_embedded  :D

That works for me Sabre!

The video of remaining questions from the link Madmax posted:

http://screenrant.com/lost-finale-explanation-kofi-61464/all/1/

makes you realise how many questions were actually unanswered. Ah well...
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri May 28, 2010 8:22 am

dawson99 wrote:
laza wrote:No Im sorry Andy you are rose coloured Happy Clapper who obviously cant see the obvious faults of this season. In fact I would say that previous seasons success isnt due to creators who clueless american waiters . That success was built on previous regime, the creators of Gilligans Island

I lament the fact there isnt any more serious TV talk on here anymore, boo hoo boo hoo slash wrist slash wrist   

Its back to fit birds for me

Bollox. Fantastic ending. Maybe a bit emotional for certain members to comprehend but it wrapped up everything perfectly.

I think people are angry that they never saw which reality was the false one for so long.

Loved it, cant wait to buy the boxset and watch it all again

Best tv drama show ever made

A simple "spot on Andy" would have sufficed   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri May 28, 2010 8:30 am

spot on, laza

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 am

As much as I loved the show while it ran, i still fume at the feeble finale, how many of you will go back and watch it again I ask ya? People are even more confused now on the forums, arguing and fighting , unable to understand any of it.

For instance--when they died?  The main belief is they died at different times on the island, but if thats the case, why were half of them missing from the church scene at the end and why was the likes of sawyer and Kate there- did they even die along the way?
Then some say they died in the initial crash. But if thats true why would they need to find each other as Christian said? They didnt know each other at that stage.

To me thats the whole point of Lost, death, and it hasnt been explained, so what the hells the point of even trying to understand the rest, i mean WHO was Jacob? how was he able to go and touch people in the real world and magically bring them there -WHO was he? MERLIN ? argh Two men on an island playing fate games -f... away off!!!

They say they have left it to our imaginations to come to our own conclusions? Yeah right!  Thats a get out clause. Now they have took themselves off to some remote island, probably laughing their heads off on some sandy beach . I hope the smoke monster gets them  :angry:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 am

Mikz Mikz Mikz, the journey is more important than the destination.

I've actually watched the finale twice now, and I can't wait to get back to it.

As Jack's dad said, time is irrelevant, they all died at different times, some much later, some earlier. This was Jack's goodbye, where everyone met.
They had to find each other to progress, to get out of purgotory, It makes complete sense to me.
The show kicked an emotional punch, it was all about meeting and ending togetehr.
Ben couldnt go as he wasnt ready yet.

We should have seen it as soon as Jack had a son, in this parellel universe they were as good as they could be. Hurley was successful, Desmond had money, Jack had family etc etc

And whats wrong with letting us have our own conclusions? We all know they could never answer every question, and why should they? It was just a great ride and I'm gonna buy the box set as soon as i can.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat May 29, 2010 12:47 pm

so Daws, tell me - when did sawyer die?  :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Mikz wrote:so Daws, tell me - when did sawyer die?  :nod

Some died before Jack, some died much later, maybe it wasnt for another 20 years, but the time they spent in the island was the most important in their lives, hence coming back at that age...

Don't ask me why Claires kid was still ababy though at the end though
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 pm

I think that question was answered reasonably clearly. Ben and Hurley talked about being a good No. 1 and 2. Clearly they 'protected' the island for some time before presumably handing the job over to someone else.

Everyone when they died entered the alternative reality (purgatory) where Christian said time didn't exist. When the last lostie died they all found each other realised they were dead and 'passed over'.

Clear as you like.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat May 29, 2010 2:14 pm

dawson99 wrote:And whats wrong with letting us have our own conclusions? .

Daws Daws Daws

Because its wrong and its leads to bad things

I say no more

:D

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Sopranos was never THAT good anyways ;)

What show ending was awsome then?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat May 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Blakes 7. Easy.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat May 29, 2010 2:27 pm

fivecups wrote:

I think that question was answered reasonably clearly. Ben and Hurley talked about being a good No. 1 and 2. Clearly they 'protected' the island for some time before presumably handing the job over to someone else.

Everyone when they died entered the alternative reality (purgatory) where Christian said time didn't exist. When the last lostie died they all found each other realised they were dead and 'passed over'.

Clear as you like.

That is not clear to me . Again its presumably and assuming, lets face it , its didnt tie up. Most were still alive on the island and alive in the alt reality too.
???

If they hadve kept to the original plot of dying in the pilot episode, entering purgatory it might have been less confusing for all concerned.
But 2 men on an island playing fate games ?  :D
and that magical drink ?  :laugh:
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:32 pm

no good ending since Blake 7?

and Mikz, you really don't get it? Time didnt exist ni the parrell so it didnt matter when they died in the island. And the magic drink was symbolism, the choice was already made
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 29, 2010 4:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:Sopranos was never THAT good anyways ;)

What show ending was awsome then?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer   

:nod   :nod   :nod
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat May 29, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT » Sat May 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Mikz wrote:
fivecups wrote:

Clear as you like.

That is not clear to me . Again its presumably and assuming, lets face it , its didnt tie up. Most were still alive on the island and alive in the alt reality too.
???

If they hadve kept to the original plot of dying in the pilot episode, entering purgatory it might have been less confusing for all concerned.
But 2 men on an island playing fate games ?  :D
and that magical drink ?  :laugh:

You have absolutely no idea what it was about lmao you can't complain about it when you don't even understand it
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum