LOST - (SEASON 5) SPOILERS WITHIN...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Tricky Dicky » Wed May 26, 2010 2:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:Ashes to Ashes was basically Life on Mars, but with an bint who cant act and no storyline instead of Sam Tyler and genius stories

Disagree, Keeley Hawes is a good actress and A2A was well tied in with life on Mars. So the storyline and her acting, plus Phillip Glenister et al and their acting was tip top.
Last edited by Tricky Dicky on Wed May 26, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tricky Dicky

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Gutted kidda, they didnt give you what YOU wanted, which was a load of facts

In the end that wasn't what the show was primarily about, it wasnt all about the island, it was about the characters

So it didn't please you, oh well, I'm sure the writers will cry now, it certainly pleased a lot of other people though

Sorry, but  I could write a story that spanned a few years and wrote in loads of mysterious plot points just to string readers along for the sake of it. The ending was a load of bollox, and the main reason why people were so interested in Lost was because they wanted to know what the f*ck was going on in the first place. So they wrote a whole mythology for what? What was the temple on the island for? Who was that Japanese guy? What was the polar bear there for? Who and what point was Faraday and his mother? What the f*ck was their purpose of even being in the plot? He discovered a theory in the time travel part of the show, a part which is no rendered completey pointless. Why did the writers even write that in? The show is left with more holes than anything I can think of due to that atrocious ending. What is the point of being mysterious and ambiguous just for the sake of it and leaving people wondering what the whole thing was about? Worst ending in the history of TV. I sussed out they were all already dead half way through it, and that was the ending that was supposed to knock our socks off? Whoopdy f*ckin doo!
Last edited by Emerald Red on Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed May 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Emerald Red wrote:What was the temple on the island for? Who was that Japanese guy? What was the polar bear there for? Who and what point was Faraday and his mother? What the f*ck was their purpose of even being in the plot? He discovered a theory in the time travel part of the show, a part which is no rendered completey pointless. Why did the writers even write that in?

did you not pay any attention throughout the previous five and a half seasons? a little bit of attention coupled with a little bit of imagination would have given you answers, or enough ammunition to form your own. go and spend some time on lostpedia or something and you will find possibile explanations for a lot of these things.

we know that the island was a magical and special place, and that these properties and the history of events of the island led each character through a journey of self discovery that they needed before they could be 'released'. these properties were in some way the cause and/or the reason of everybody being there. in that sense it was very simple and maybe could have even been condensed into two or three seasons. but why not take us on a ride? why not tickle our brains? why not fuel discussion and debate on forums and around coffee machines the world over? why make everything black and white and give it a blockbuster ending?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 pm

F'ucks sake, some of us liked it, some of us didn't . If we're gonna fall out can we at least get back to arguing about Rafa ? :D

Bored already  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Wed May 26, 2010 8:57 pm

don't think anyone is falling out, woof. i'm cool with the fact that people were unsatisfied and were hoping for other outcomes. i don't think the way it ended was a cop out or a piece of shít either, and i loved the whole thing enough to try and out some (possible) explanations out there.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed May 26, 2010 11:33 pm

No Im sorry Andy you are rose coloured Happy Clapper who obviously cant see the obvious faults of this season. In fact I would say that previous seasons success isnt due to creators who clueless american waiters . That success was built on previous regime, the creators of Gilligans Island

I lament the fact there isnt any more serious TV talk on here anymore, boo hoo boo hoo slash wrist slash wrist   

Its back to fit birds for me
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:36 pm

laza wrote:No Im sorry Andy you are rose coloured Happy Clapper who obviously cant see the obvious faults of this season. In fact I would say that previous seasons success isnt due to creators who clueless american waiters . That success was built on previous regime, the creators of Gilligans Island

I lament the fact there isnt any more serious TV talk on here anymore, boo hoo boo hoo slash wrist slash wrist   

Its back to fit birds for me

Bollox. Fantastic ending. Maybe a bit emotional for certain members to comprehend but it wrapped up everything perfectly.

I think people are angry that they never saw which reality was the false one for so long.

Loved it, cant wait to buy the boxset and watch it all again

Best tv drama show ever made
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Tricky Dicky wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Ashes to Ashes was basically Life on Mars, but with an bint who cant act and no storyline instead of Sam Tyler and genius stories

Disagree, Keeley Hawes is a good actress and A2A was well tied in with life on Mars. So the storyline and her acting, plus Phillip Glenister et al and their acting was tip top.

but A2A wasn't needed, it was all perfect with Life on Mars, just cashing in with repeated storylines but just not as good
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu May 27, 2010 5:44 pm

:down: Gutted by that ending myself. 
They said they knew the ending in season one, and that was obvious by the season one characters in the church at the end , and as Emerald said- that was supposed to be the big shock. 
  But i think they changed their minds along the way cos everyone caught on they were dead, made them alive on the island and created a sideways afterlife - rubbish!
First and last episodes- superb, everything in between - made up mindwarping bull :censored:.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu May 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Poor ending to say the least.. They hardly explained what the island is and where it came from. Also where did the light come from and that lady who was protecting it. Lost was really based the the characters lives rather than the mysteries of the island. Anyhow disappointed with the ending but still i enjoyed the show very much..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 pm

http://screenrant.com/lost-finale-explanation-kofi-61464/all/1/

explains few things
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Mikz wrote: But i think they changed their minds along the way cos everyone caught on they were dead, made them alive on the island and created a sideways afterlife - rubbish!

Wondered about that myself.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Lets vote to find out ocne and for all

Lost ending: Awesome or Awful
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 pm

I quite enjoyed the finale myself.  I'm comfortable with the fact that they left a lot of the island mythology to the imagination and focused on tying the characters' stories up.  "Live together, die alone" has been the show's creed since the pilot episode so I think it only fitting that they focused on the fact that these people went on an amazing, in parts epic, journey together in life and are now passing over into the hereafter as a community as well.  The show was more than a little messy and unpolished along the way but so's life so I'm cool with the loose threads they left.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Thu May 27, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm not in the finale lovers, nor the finale haters group.

I guess I liked it, because Lost is the first tv show I'll bother to watch again to understand it better. I feel like watching the show from this new perspective, so I guess that I'm not too dissapointed after all.

P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt4aO8bCYd4&feature=player_embedded  :D
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 27, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum