Next two games - Must wins ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hamza » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:10 pm

We have started to get some results going we have to keep it up and start going on a run against southampton on tuesday nothing less than a convincing win will do to up our goal difference that result against west brom really helped we also need to get better defencsivly only 5 cleansheets all season that is not good enough i think a new centre half will sort that out. And Chelsea in the new year that will be a very hard game but i think we are capable of getting a draw against them maybe even snacthing a win but to do that we need to stop robben and duff i would not be surprised to see riise and finnan on the flanks to maybe give us some extra cover aginst those two as they are lighting quick but if we do manage three points that would but us right back up there
Hamza

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:53 pm

If Rafa uses the same tactics as he did against Arsenal we will be able to beat Chelsea, it's not impossible as Man City have done it. Yes you stop Duff and Robben and you stop their firepower for the most part. Gerrard and Alonso/Hamann should be able to take care of Lampard and the others.

I don't see Benitez using the same tactics he used the first time we played them so I expect us to play fairly well. If we draw then thats good enough for me but we have to build on the good results we get.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:02 am

No idea what your saying but if we win tommorrow it would be the first time this season we've won 3 in a row. We should win the match tommorrow, and I think we've improved again over the past month or so.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:41 am

fivecups wrote:No idea what your saying but if we win tommorrow it would be the first time this season we've won 3 in a row. We should win the match tommorrow, and I think we've improved again over the past month or so.

I assume you're talking to Hamza
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby lfc4life » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:49 am

Maybe the Rafalution has started....This is the time for us to start turning consistent results and begining to believe in ourselves. Todays game is a must win and I go for 3-0!
lfc4life

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:59 am

Soton is simply a must win, a point would be a good result against Chelsea - i fancy us to pick up 4 points from the next 2 games.

Boro should beat Norwich, and then they have to play Manu - hopefully that will be a draw so niether manu or Boro jump further ahead of us.

That would leave us 1 point behind Boro and I fancy Villa to knock off Manure today, and with a draw againts Boro that woul only leave us 3 points behing Manu.

so this is how the table would look

ManU 38
Boro  36
L'Pool 35
Last edited by LFC #1 on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:05 pm

we shall see what happens, but i fancy coming out on top
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion