Seriouslybig match ii - Red vs blue

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby begintoend » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:05 am

We have finally got the win that places the REDS into the last 16 of european elite. Now for the domestic challenge of knocking some blues. That's one of the rare times that everton goes into a derby having a positional advantage in the league over us. Knowing that, Benitez would have loved to be in the position to stage a win again. Its goona be one of the most electrifying battles in England on saturday. 2 local clubs having a good run in for a titanic duel of tactics and goals. Its a better of pride and honours and league position.

Everton has been playing good and discipline football since the start of this season. Look, player for player, we are superior. Moyes would love to have the qualities even from our bench. (He'll get the 2 fingers for asking.) Seriously, their brand of football in a 4-5-1, with carsley and gravesshit, canhill and furgusson and bent, they do have decent quality. I do think that their aim might be to stop SG at any cost.

SG has been glaring in most people's eyes as the engine that drives LFC back into the run. Moyes would simply plan to stick a man to SG, choke the red's midfield (that's a big task for him tho..)with their players and uses bent or fergusson to pick up a goal. Physical battles. I think the turning point in this match would be how our wingers or forwards will need to pry their defence open. Than our striker would just have to finish the chances off. Our defence should be able to hold off the everton charge. The key would be how quick we expose everton's defence from our midfield to our strikers.

I liken LFC to win easily. A goal will be the difference. It will also mean that we are the ones that will begin the damage to everton's temporary bask in the premierleague top 3. The blues will be sore from such a defeat. They clearly wanted to win over the past seasons. Its no different this year. From here the REDS gotta start gelling and be CONSISTENT. Let's go on for the WIN.  :;):
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion