No
50%
MAYBE
13%
Hope 2 God he Wont
13%

Total votes : 16

Postby Fingaz007 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:32 pm

I always felt that he wont go the ££££££££ dont mean much 2 him HE IS LIVERPOOL.....

We have a new GOOD man at the top and L.F.C i think can only get better, and with a new man at the top only he can only get better as a player BUT looking at the England match last night (4-2 we can go all the way) and seein Jose Mourinho and Roman Abramovich at the match has only got me worried that they could put a bid in for our No: 17.......

And the longer Gerrard and Frank Lampard play well in the  middle of the park together the more i feel a bid may be put in

Could we turn down a  £30 million move for him ???? ???
And with reports of Portugal midfielder Deco  set to join Chelsea i have not got a clue what will happen when Euro 2004 finish

SO PLEASE ALL JOIN ME IN HOPE PLEASE LET THE FUTUER OF LFC OUR NO:17 STAY AT ANFIELD
Fingaz007

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:38 pm

Yea, im definitly with you on that one, hope he stays..

Dudek

Riise Hyypia Ayala Carra

Kewell Gerrard Aimar Vincente

Owen Cisse

hope..........I hope..........
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lord Lucan » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:46 pm

likewise id love him to stay but to be honest i think Gerrard has been out shone by Lampard and obviously Biffa Bacon! Think on his performances so far in euros that whopping 50 mil price tag may have come down somewhat, Still good job we did Heskey before hand as steve bruce would only be offering a can of beans now, you can now get Owen for a big mac and fries, hes been shocking aint he?
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby Fingaz007 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:55 pm

i sorry Lord Lucan i think u are a bit wrong there even though Lampard has hit in 2 i really do believe that gerrard has been our best man in the middle he had done what has been asked of him with no problems.....
In The games we have played ie Feance and switzeland i dont think we was out 2 attack as gerraed and lampard would of liked but appare of that BAD back pass gerrard has done much better then lampaed he pass more cut out more and has nice movement with scholes who is ment 2 b playin on the left but loves 2 move in field
Fingaz007

Postby Lord Lucan » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:38 pm

sorry fingaz old boy cant agree still every one to their own what about owen though?Shocking think he needs to be dropped never seen him so inneffective wheres the pace gone? hes only 24 for gods sake he doesnt look fit to lace Biffas boots
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby fivecups » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:14 pm

Lord Lucan wrote:likewise id love him to stay but to be honest i think Gerrard has been out shone by Lampard and obviously Biffa Bacon! Think on his performances so far in euros that whopping 50 mil price tag may have come down somewhat, Still good job we did Heskey before hand as steve bruce would only be offering a can of beans now, you can now get Owen for a big mac and fries, hes been shocking aint he?

Gerrard was fantastic last night. He did what he's been doing for us all season. Did you miss his inch perfect crossfield passes and his possession winning tackles. He was the best midfielder out there.

And as for Owen he's definitely getting closer to a goal. Noone in their right mind would start with Vassell next match.

I think you were too busy watching Rooney to notice what else was going on!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nosher » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:09 pm

lampard is a ******, chelseas are using him to get to stevie,
if steve g really wants to go let thim, he is our best player, but i only want players at liverpool that want to play at liverpool. if he doesnt then let him and his ****** wallet ****** off
nosher

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:21 pm

Lord Lucan wrote:sorry fingaz old boy cant agree still every one to their own what about owen though?Shocking think he needs to be dropped never seen him so inneffective wheres the pace gone? hes only 24 for gods sake he doesnt look fit to lace Biffas boots

Do you actually watch football?  ???

Owen has lost some pace and his confidence is low but can you not see that Erickson is playing him further forward than at any other time in his career allowing space for Rooney to drop deep?

Rooney is getting so much of the ball because opposition defences are sitting back in their box because they are afraid to allow Owen room behind them. Rooney is getting loads of touches on the ball because of all of the space between him and the two opposition centre halves.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:39 pm

I dunno what I think of MO these days, I know he's adifferent player than what he was when he was a gew years ago but personally I wouln't be a55ed if we sold him cos he can be replaced where Gerrard is a lot harder to replace.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:48 pm

It's ALWAYS the way when England play , the press and therefore fans who quote the press have to have a VILLIAN and a HERO ???  Owen has by his own high standards underperformed this time round but last night was instrumental in 2 of the goals and creates loads of space for other players in the team.

Look at other top strikers such as Raul, Vierri, Pauletta, Henry to an extent too and you have major players who have not playee particularly well.

The very idea of Owen being dropped is ludricous :angry:

Back to the Post topic, sadly for me he (Gerrard)is as good as gone. I hope to God I'm wrong but a mixture of disappointment at GH's departure, the Millions on offer, Lampard and others getting in his ear whilst on International duty and the absence of any comment whatsoever tells its own story :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:47 am

Jun 23, 00:00

According to the Daily Mirror, Chelsea are to launch a British-record £30million bid for Steven Gerrard,
The paper claims Blues owner Roman Abramovich has approved a move for the Liverpool skipper, who recently signed a new Anfield deal. But with talk of a £100,000-a-week contract at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea hope Gerrard will be lured to London.

:(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:45 am

Dream on lad.
Won't happen.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:44 pm

If he goes it won't be for £30m but closer to £40m
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:52 pm

this is the same steven gerrard who was trying to convince michael owen to stay at liverpool a few months back. if he walks away having just signed a new contract it's a joke. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redandblue » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:56 pm

He's off. Even Parry knows that it is a lost cause.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion