Ibrahima Konate

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:13 am

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:21 am

We will know soon enough what he is like as it's almost time to hit the ground running.  Every signing we make has issues adapting to training etc and end up injured so Konate will suffer the same. We will know by February whether he is or isnt injury prone.

Did anyone watch him play last night ? Missed it myself but did read the commentary on flashscore. It's an action report that covers moments in the game but he never got a mention at all.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:39 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ibrahim ... ler/357119

Looking at that I’m surprised he passed a medical :no Looking at that I’m surprised you passed a medicalMore than a little worrying. Philips must be made up !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:04 pm

devaney wrote:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ibrahima-konate/verletzungen/spieler/357119

Looking at that I’m surprised he passed a medical :no Looking at that I’m surprised you passed a medicalMore than a little worrying. Philips must be made up !!

Yeah those stats were posted months ago by Damjan I think but they are the reason why most fans are thinking he is high risk. He is also right when he says that he hasnt had long enough runs of games to be properly scouted. Given those situations you would have to wonder on why we were so hellbent on getting him given our current predicament.

I really hope we dont sell Phillip's this year or loan him out because we could very well need him!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:21 am

First time I actually watch him last night and was impressed with his passing but did think he could be prone to getting caught out of position, with VVD’s guidance he could end up a good CB partner for him. He is certainly big, fast and strong.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:24 pm

kazza » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 am wrote:First time I actually watch him last night and was impressed with his passing but did think he could be prone to getting caught out of position, with VVD’s guidance he could end up a good CB partner for him. He is certainly big, fast and strong.

Yeah the lad is clearly not the finished article but at his age you wouldn't expect him to be, CB's don't reach their prime until their late 20's/early 30's so he's got tons of developing to do. He's a good player now but he will be an even better one in the future.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 am

Two seasons ago we were so dominant because we got to play such a high line with our fullbacks pushing way up as we had such a fast defenders in Virgil and Gomez that had incredible recovery speed, why VVD was never beaten one-on-one. When we lost Virgil and Joe last season, our fullbacks had to stay back a bit to help cover much slower defenders. With Konate, we could well have three very fast defenders that could mean having more freedom to push the fullbacks forward. We could end up with the fastest back line in world football, Konate could also end up helping us attack like we did two years ago.

#5. Andrew Robertson – 21 mph

#4. Trent Alexander-Arnold – 21.1 mph

#3. Sadio Mane – 21.4 mph

#2. Virgil van Dijk – 21.5 mph

#1. Joe Gomez – 21.6 mph

He is 21.4 mph but at his age will get faster.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:23 pm

At 30 years of age and having just returned from one of the worst injuries a footballer can get I think Virgil will be doing well to run that fast again, Joe is still young but he has had 2 serious knee ligament injuries himself.
Not saying they will be slow but I think it's probably a bit premature and maybe a tad optimistic to say we will have the fastest backline in world football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:23 pm wrote:At 30 years of age and having just returned from one of the worst injuries a footballer can get I think Virgil will be doing well to run that fast again, Joe is still young but he has had 2 serious knee ligament injuries himself.
Not saying they will be slow but I think it's probably a bit premature and maybe a tad optimistic to say we will have the fastest backline in world football.

Maybe you are correct, I did however say “we could end up with the fastest back line….”

Just to cover my bases  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:43 pm

This guy looks like a beast. If he can run and tackle well he will do well. Can't imagine much getting past him and virg.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Looked awesome today. Strong in the air, composed on the ball and good pace. I hope he gets a run of games.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 am

Not as good positionally as Matip but has great recovery pace and he is a monster. He’ll be a great addition to the team as he learns from Klopp, Matip and VVD.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:17 am

Looks a great prospect and will push Gomez to become the preferred partner for VVD. Matip sadly doesn't have the pace anymore.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Reg » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 am wrote:Looks a great prospect and will push Gomez to become the preferred partner for VVD. Matip sadly doesn't have the pace anymore.

Excellent against Man Utd. Can't wait to see him given more regular game time, he's a monster ! I'm still laughing at how he swatted away Bruno and Fred in the aftermath of Ronaldo's foul on Curtis

Check it out at around 7.40 in this clip.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:15 pm

:D , Can't get over this stuff from Konate !

We have a real "enforcer" in this fella !

He's a "Souness" in the back four !  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion