LIVERPOOL v real madrid Wed 14th Apr 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 pm

It'll never happen, but you could imagine Haaland bagging a handful tonight if he was up front for us.
Mané's form is shyte. Mo needs six minutes to line up a shot and then it's blocked anyway. Bobby did ok I think.
The wasted chances were really hard to believe.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Yeah sell salah to psg tomorrow that makes sense ya bell e*d
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:02 pm

As Mark says the tie was lost last week, finishing aside we played well tonight but we left ourselves too much to do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:03 pm

If anyone wants out then they are welcome to go. I wouldn't trust any manager more than Klopp with £100m to spend on a new forward. I'd wager he'd get two future worldies, with change to spare.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:03 pm

Santa » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:52 am wrote:We can play on for another 45 mins and we will still not score. Too easy for Real, it's not even a threat all night

That's been our biggest problem all season, we've lost the ruthless kill. Should have played Jota from the start.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Still can't believe we missed so many chances. Real didn't really have that many chances, 2 or 3 maybe, one world class save from Ali.
It was those 3 or 4 where the ball was skied over the bar in panic.
Even the ref had a good game - wasn't giving them frees for dropping on the ground. Let heavy but fair challenges go.
We fooked that up last week, that's for sure
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:12 pm

We played well tonight like people have said we lost the tie being sloppy in the first leg.

The only negative things you could say is that we weren't clinical enough and it's been the same thing all season. Mane and Bobby have peaked and are on the decline and could easily be moved on in the summer.

I know Klopp loves both but he needs to be ruthless.. with a haaland or a mbappe we'd have won the game tonight.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Those front lads have been missing shots like that since they came in. Salah is certainly frustrating but the other two did fook all. Firmino cant even strike the ball at goal properly and Mane struggles to even get that chance. Even last season they missed some ridiculous sitters between them but got away with it because we created so many.

Robertson cannot cross for shyte and is as one footed as Salah is. After Thiago tried to slip him in he asked why he didnt take it on the chest. Hes a good player but not a skillful one.

We did lose it last week because we weren't good enough over there but we still weren't good enough tonight either. They were far to comfortable in both games and fully deserve to go through.

We have got to do something big in the summer. Jota is a better all round goalscorer than the rest but he still isnt clinical.  I dont know what we have against signing a striker or anyone over 5ft 6 but they have got to do something.  I dont think having Virgil back to hold their hands is going to be enough
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:31 pm

It was a big ask to turn the tie around when you take everything into consideration but we should have gone through. Made a couple of good chances and had opportunities to create even more. Didn't understand Milner starting but he played really well. Without Henderson and van Djik we've lacked leadership and Milner gives us that. Firmino stopped Kross and Modric playing and knitted play together well. Trent was good but Robbo really needs to find some form going forward. Thought Phillips and Kabak were very good. We just have to try and bring the same energy into the final 7 league games and we'll get top 4.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:23 am

Thursday night football in Albania if we don't win our last 7 games....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:21 am

The @rse falling out of our attack is the reason our title defence went to $h.it and our inability to score cost us again last night.
Even with a makeshift defence we were top of the league at Christmas (5 points clear at one point) and it’s not like we were shipping goals like they were going out of fashion during that bad run in the New Year, the main reason for that bad run was that our goals dried up dramatically (2 in 8 home games!).
Bobby, Mo and Sadio have written themselves into Anfield folklore, all 3 are genuine legends of this club and in their pomp they carried the team and the dreams of hundreds of millions of fans on their shoulders, the way they stepped up to the plate after Coutinho left was incredible (2 CL finals, 11mm away from back to back Prem titles, record points hauls, World Club Champions etc etc) but everything has a shelf life and that front 3 is coming to the end of the road.
A new attack in the summer should be the clubs number 1 priority, the keeper, defence and midfield will do for now but you won’t win eff all if you can’t score.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:06 pm

The loyalty Klopp shows to some of them players has to change because there not returning the faith. His tactics and rigid set ups dont help but ultimately it's down to the players to get the results on the field.

We built this side with so many cheap players and gambles and now it has reached the point where it's gone to pot.

Robbo cost little and has given good service but he is severely limited in his abilities. Plenty of aggression and pace but has only got one foot, poor control and a poor cross.  Tsimikas was a luxury and a puzzle as to why we bought the lad in the first place because he isnt here as back up. Give the lad a bit of competition ffs and at least put him under pressure for his starting role because like many he doesn't have to do a lot to keep it and we have options.

Kabak isnt any better than Phillip's so we shouldn't sign him in the summer.

Why is Gini still starting every game and getting things like the captains armband. The lad is leaving so fooking phase him out.

Firmino is woeful in the role he plays here which I dont even think he knows himself. Hes a passenger who thrives off a little flick here and there but overall his contributions are poor. He drops deep to get a little flick on to someone and has absolutely no pace to make up the ground. He plays as a 9 through the middle but runs behind the attacking players ruling himself out of a chance to get involved. Gets far to much credit for what he does off the ball which is just excuses for how poor he is and has become.

The club needs to change their transfer philosophy and start bringing in players the manager wants. The players he knows will bring us to the next level. Signings based on ability not potential or cheap price.

I believe we have a great manager but he isnt being properly backed for a club of our stature.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:48 pm

There isn't any evidence that Klopp does know who he wants, where did that come from Red?

We're at the crossroads, either step up and become a free spending Chelsea, City or United or we'll do an Arsenal, Spurs and slip out of contention again. To be great you have to act great and that means bringing in the best players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:40 am

Reg wrote:There isn't any evidence that Klopp does know who he wants, where did that come from Red?

We're at the crossroads, either step up and become a free spending Chelsea, City or United or we'll do an Arsenal, Spurs and slip out of contention again. To be great you have to act great and that means bringing in the best players.

Just my opinion Reg. He would never come out and say they failed to sign the player he wanted like Mourinho would. He just gets on with it but his reluctance to pick certain players speaks for itself. If he was asking the club to be signing the likes of Tsimikas then he would be playing him.

They will never bring in the best players like Haalaand or Mbappe and I don't think they really care about spending a few years out of contention either just like the red sox tend to do. Be guaranteed the Arsene Wenger Trophy  every season will be more than enough. If we don't then it is the team who will suffer because they have less money to spend on it. We just won the CL and Prem over 2 seasons but yet we had to go around looking for a club willing to accept a 5 yr payment plan. Even to try and save the season they had to offload Minamino to pay for it.

Just cant see us spending anything close to what we will need in order to knock city off the top next season. We will make a change or two but it will mostly be what we have and the hope that having the fans back next season will be enough to lift the players and bridge the gap.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:26 am

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:06 pm wrote:The loyalty Klopp shows to some of them players has to change because there not returning the faith. His tactics and rigid set ups dont help but ultimately it's down to the players to get the results on the field.

We built this side with so many cheap players and gambles and now it has reached the point where it's gone to pot.

Robbo cost little and has given good service but he is severely limited in his abilities. Plenty of aggression and pace but has only got one foot, poor control and a poor cross.  Tsimikas was a luxury and a puzzle as to why we bought the lad in the first place because he isnt here as back up. Give the lad a bit of competition ffs and at least put him under pressure for his starting role because like many he doesn't have to do a lot to keep it and we have options.

Kabak isnt any better than Phillip's so we shouldn't sign him in the summer.

Why is Gini still starting every game and getting things like the captains armband. The lad is leaving so fooking phase him out.

Firmino is woeful in the role he plays here which I dont even think he knows himself. Hes a passenger who thrives off a little flick here and there but overall his contributions are poor. He drops deep to get a little flick on to someone and has absolutely no pace to make up the ground. He plays as a 9 through the middle but runs behind the attacking players ruling himself out of a chance to get involved. Gets far to much credit for what he does off the ball which is just excuses for how poor he is and has become.

The club needs to change their transfer philosophy and start bringing in players the manager wants. The players he knows will bring us to the next level. Signings based on ability not potential or cheap price.

I believe we have a great manager but he isnt being properly backed for a club of our stature.

That has always ben Klopp's biggest weakness as a manager. It works great initially but when it is obvious it is time to move on Klopp will never let go..
Unless a club comes in with a massive offer but he'd never activly trying to sell them. Coutinho would sill be at the club unless Barca came in with that massive offer. Which means no VD, Allison etc....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games