LIVERPOOL v real madrid Wed 14th Apr 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:19 pm

Miracles are what Anfield was built for. Come on you reds.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:04 pm

If we had a full packed stadium I would've been very confident in our chances. The pish from the fans on a epic European night is something else.

The situations we are in, I'm not confident of progressing. Stopping them from scoring will be a tough task.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm

I don’t think we could play as badly as we did on Tuesday, well I hope not anyway. I’ve been waiting for revenge for a while, I still hope we are going to show up and progress
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:41 pm

kazza » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:15 pm wrote:I don’t think we could play as badly as we did on Tuesday, well I hope not anyway. I’ve been waiting for revenge for a while, I still hope we are going to show up and progress

Madrid were good but I think we made them look better than they really are, we were so bad in that first half it’s actually hard to comprehend, to say we were like the Dog and Duck or the Red Lion is actually an insult to ale house teams, ale house teams don’t miss-place as many simple passes as we did in that first 45.
Everything was wrong, the line up was wrong, our attitude was wrong, right from the off we were far too passive and showed them too much respect, even the pitch, I don’t think the pitch did us any favours either.
Without being fantastic we were competitive in that second half so if we actually do turn up I can see us causing them problems. They had a tough game the weekend against Barcelona and a lot of their players are getting on so we need to play at a tempo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 pm

I'm generally an optimist having witnessed so many great European nights but with Kabak and Philips at the back and no crowd to give us that extra 20% energy, I just can't see it happening. Madrid are perfectly setup to soak up pressure and pick us off. Let's just go out there give everything we've got and walk off the pitch with some pride.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:59 pm

Have to say it, he can't start Keita tomorrow. Dunno what's with Jones cos he seems to have fallen out of favour, though RM maybe not the game for him. Bit of energy and bite from Ox maybe? And I really don't know about the Trent conundrum. He had a new ar$ehole ripped last week and they'll 100% try the same thing again.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Franky000 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 am

It’s all stacked up against us really...I just hope our defence has learnt from the diabolical ***** they served up last week. My heart tells me it’ll play like this; Mo opens the scoring early, their defence panics a bit as we maintain relentless pressure. They soak it up and we are very fortunate as they come close multiple times to getting their away goal. Have a feeling set pieces will play a huge part...Jota pops up in the 80th to head in from a corner. We hold on for the final ten and I have no fingernails left.

My head tells me 5-1 Madrid on aggregate
Last edited by Franky000 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:26 am

You just never know what you get from us. It could be a magical night or a painful one due to us being Jekyll and Hyde this season. 

Can't say whether we will go through or not but we have to at least put them under serious pressure. We won't go balls out as we will fear the away goal so the front lads have to pull their socks up. They can't be expecting to get through a game like this without having to test their keeper.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:18 am

If Real and City progress the semi-final will have four moneybag teams.

PSG, Chelsea, City, Real.

Anyhow back to our game, must get the first goal somehow and try to keep it tight. If Real score first then we are as good as done.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:23 am

We've been waiting for a fighting reaction since January and have fallen flat time and time again. I feel defeated before the match and I'm guessing the players will have a similar mentality.

With a crowd it would definitely fire the players up... but without the crowd and the players looking shattered tonight might be the biggest miracle of all if we get through.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:22 pm

It's going to be a huge task, but anything can happen in football. And an early goal will put Real no the backfoot.

The danger will be the counter attack and Real know they only need a goal or two to put the tie to bed.

I'm going for a nervy 3-1 to us in 90 mins, followed by a winner in extra time.  :oops:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:54 pm

The task tonight is not impossible but if we concede a goal I think it'll  probably be game over for us.

Can't wait to see Jurgens team sheet and if there'll be a change of formation/tactics.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm

He's messed about and made mistakes, I think we have to play our best XI, I'd play all 4 attackers - we need goals. Thiago in the centre to supply the front men. If I was bold I'd bring on Ox and Shaq to replace Booby and either Mo/Mane after 60 minutes and tell them both to simply run straight on goal. No time to be fannying around, we've go to take the game by the scruff of the neck and go for gold.

Good luck lads and good luck to us poor lads having to watch!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Reg » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:16 pm wrote:He's messed about and made mistakes, I think we have to play our best XI, I'd play all 4 attackers - we need goals. Thiago in the centre to supply the front men. If I was bold I'd bring on Ox and Shaq to replace Booby and either Mo/Mane after 60 minutes and tell them both to simply run straight on goal. No time to be fannying around, we've go to take the game by the scruff of the neck and go for gold.

Good luck lads and good luck to us poor lads having to watch!

An interesting perspective Reg BUT not much point in 4 attackers if we can't supply a ball too them.

In a footy manager mode (  :D  ) I'm thinking a clean sheet may prove to be the key to this game and so, I'd consider starting with a fluid  5-3-2 that can transform into a counter attacking 3-4-3.

C'mon you Reds, we can do it    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Teams are in and Milner starts with Thiago on the bench.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games