Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:47 pm

Klopp made a blunder starting him yesterday, his rarely played and to be thrown into a tie like that.

Having said that I think his days are numbered. It hasn't really worked for Keita and ai can't see him being here next season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Klopp made a huge mistake starting him instead of Thiago, which likely cost us the tie.

As for Keita, considering the price we paid he's probably the worst signing we've had since Klopp has arrived. If we can get half of what we paid for him I'd snap their hand off. Chamberlain is another one that needs to be sold IMO, and so is Matip unfortunately. Matip always does well when he plays but he's just too unreliable.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:48 pm

Keita has all the talent in the world but he's not built for the Premier league. As soon as games get tough he takes the easy way out... we first saw it in his first season when we played Napoli and he was getting overwhelmed and then he pulled up injured.

I was so excited when we signed him and thought he'd be KanteV2 but it's just not worked out for him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Was excited when we signed this fella. We were so sure of his potential worth to the club that we agreed, as part of the signing, to wait a season (?) before he actually joined up with us.

So far he's been a MASSIVE MASSIVE disappointment.

IMO, Get f*cking rid of him ASAP !

Would we miss him ?  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

No we f*cking wouldn't, the fella's never really been here from the very start !.

He's just sat around collecting his wages, a niggle here , a niggle there AND when his actually been fit and available to play his performance has been less than f*cking average.

Massive clear out of the underachievers required this summer and I'd start with this fella   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:17 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:54 pm wrote:Was excited when we signed this fella. We were so sure of his potential worth to the club that we agreed, as part of the signing, to wait a season (?) before he actually joined up with us.

So far he's been a MASSIVE MASSIVE disappointment.

IMO, Get f*cking rid of him ASAP !

Would we miss him ?  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

No we f*cking wouldn't, the fella's never really been here from the very start !.

He's just sat around collecting his wages, a niggle here , a niggle there AND when his actually been fit and available to play his performance has been less than f*cking average.

Massive clear out of the underachievers required this summer and I'd start with this fella   :kungfu:

Add Origi. And Ox. And Adrian. And Gini. And Matip.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 pm

Klopp should have never started him in a game like that. He talks about match fitness/sharpness and easing players back in but does the complete opposite here. Giving him a few minutes against Arsenal might have helped but for some reason no.

I find the whole "how you train" thing silly as it's a completely different experience to playing a match.

Still think Naby has been totally useless since he came and we should get rid but klopp deserves some of the stick for how he manages situations like this. When was the last time Ox got a run, Origi has a habit of just randomly starting out of nowhere and that lad Kostas must be doing the nut. Arsenal was a classic example when Robbo came off and Klopp moved Milner in his place. When we eventually have to start one of these lads the chances are high that they will perform poorly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 19, 2021 11:31 am

Damn it anyway, hes been ruled out for the rest of the season  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 19, 2021 3:58 pm

He's useless...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed May 19, 2021 5:24 pm

Actually think he's generally been decent when he's played. Moves forward with the ball well, plays some nice incisive through balls, and is superb at winning the ball in the opposition half. But he has clearly picked up a long term problem since being forced to play for Guinea in ANC whilst injured. Can't see anyone willing to pay a reasonable fee or take on his wages so we're probably stuck with him. Just hope we can manage his injuries and get some use out of him.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Wed May 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Leicester's youri tielemans is what we had hoped Keita to be. Such a disappointment, signing him was a big deal. Just has not worked out I really hope we sell him and Ox and Matip.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 pm

Eagle mate - you must be his dad - DECENT WHEN HE’S PLAYED ?? I must have been watching the wrong player........
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Ha ha decent when he's played ya having a laugh he's only played 12minutes
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 19, 2021 9:26 pm

It hasn't worked out. He's talented, but not cut out for the Premier League
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed May 19, 2021 9:46 pm

devaney » Wed May 19, 2021 8:06 pm wrote:Eagle mate - you must be his dad - DECENT WHEN HE’S PLAYED ?? I must have been watching the wrong player........

:D
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed May 19, 2021 9:47 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 am wrote:Bungle you’ve never had a lot of that  :laugh:  Trust me he will be a star next season.

:D
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion