Man Utd V Liverpool Sun/20/10 KO @16.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Thankfully that round of international matches is finally over and we can get back into action with what really matters and what a match to get us going again  :nod .

As usual I hope we absolutely humiliate them and serve them up a total whipping but form does go out the window in these games. I still think we will win but maybe not as convincingly as we should due to the hype that surrounds this fixture. I also think its gets to the players a bit along with the venue and hostility but if we want to be champions we have to be able to go places like this unfazed and take all 3 points.

Don't think we have any injuries resulting from the internationals and Matip has declared himself fit to return so hopefully he does along with Ali who should be very very close to a return. All good for us and not so good for them with reports ruling Pogba and De Gea out.

Here's hoping its a more satisfying encounter than last seasons boring 0.0  :nod Martin Atkinson will be the man in charge.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:02 am

Two weeks feels like two months
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:51 am

Up against the Scum, who hopefully have De Gea and Pogba out injured.

Vital game to cement their decline and make any reversal of fortune so much harder. If we beat them we'll be 18 points ahead, 6 clear games having played just 9! More importantly, their sponsorship income will fall to base rates with no bonuses triggered nor CL income as they languish in the lower half of the league.

Other good news is I hear their salary and outstanding transfer fee payments on their players on loan is crippling them and blocking their ability to bring in quality players. Further good news, that Old Trafford is in surprisingly poor state and a major refurbishment investment is needed at the exact moment they're staring at diminished income and need the cash elsewhere.

All looking good.  :buttrock  :rasp  :laugh:

Please lord let us beat these Manc shite-sters 5-0.  Amen.  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:02 am

Just hope we turn up for this, we have been pretty lacklustre after international breaks. I can see OGS packing midfield on this and trying to hit us on the break, wouldn't be surprised if he went 4-5-1 like last season.

Danny Mills did a combined team from Liverpool/United on Skysports and all of the picks were Liverpool  :laugh: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11835616/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-who-makes-danny-mills-combined-xi
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:09 am

Charlie Nicolas is an absolute joke at doing predictions, City have just come off a defeat at home to Wolves, have a dodgy defence and he predicts 5-1 to City and of course the usual for us, he is desperate for us to drop points, almost every week he predicts a draw or loss for us and he has gone with a 1-1 this week as he reckons Utd's 'Desire' will push them on to get a draw. Bring back Merson, he was bad enough but at least he was only bias towards Arsenal as you would expect.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ManchestersTruestRed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Let’s Av it !!!!.,butterfly’s in my gut the same as 40 odd years ago never changes,.the dirty red rodents will hopefully remember there place in the modern footballing world...4..1 win.
Manchester at heart but with a footballing brain.
ManchestersTruestRed
LFC newBie

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:46 pm

Hate this shower of Sh*t with every fibre of my being !! This is a must win for so many reasons. United fans would love to win the game to actually help the team that Whisky Nose ironically called the noisy neighbours. The desperation displayed by United fans last season for City to win the title was somewhat pathetic and just a little embarrassing. Some years ago a United mate (?) of mine asked me who I would prefer to win the league when United and Chelsea were battling it out at the top of the table - my response: why should I give a flying fk I support Liverpool. I just hope the day never comes when I have to pray that Everton win due to our demise.

COYR

YWNA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Nervous about this one - Baby Face will have them pumped up for this to the point where form means nothing. However we seem to have that extra edge this season in putting stubborn teams to the sword, albeit with a bit of luck.
Franky000

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Klopp seems pumped up for this in his presser it's our chance to trample on their badge or as bacon chops put it off their perch. We don't have a great record at OT and their fans and players will be like animals consumed by adrenaline. We will have to over come that, remain composed and get the job done.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:20 pm

They're a poor team, but I don't think it'll be the walk in the park some are making out in the media.

They'll do everything they can to disrupt our play and ruin any notion of football being played. I think it'll be a frustrating first half, before we turn them over 2-0 in the second half.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:22 am

They are dogs.h.it. We know it and so do they.

Klopp won’t make the same mistake as last season and play 2 defensive midfielders, me thinks he will go for it with a more attack minded set up.

If we score early in the first 20 or 25 it will be a cricket score and the place will sound like a library.

They are begging to be smashed, that’s all we ask. Get the 3 points, match the 18 game win streak set by the rich shieks and watch them hilariously wallow in misery as they plummet further to relegation and obscurity.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:46 am

Say what you want about Ole Gunnar Solkjaer, but you can't deny that he's the best striker currently at Man United.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Last season we played them at the worst possible time, Ole was fresh on the job and the team was in form, they were in their honeymoon days at the time, hence the draw that proved costly at the end.

This time however, I think it's the best moment to play them, they're in bad form, 2 points above relegation I think, babyface looks like crying in every game and they might even have de Gea injured. All things considered, I think we should be able to beat them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ManchestersTruestRed » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Watch the dirty reds there out for injuries and ruff stuff,.they have nowt to lose because there pride went a long time ago haha...4...1 LFC win..mane hat trick :) I’m mingle with these Manchester red and blues on a daily basis,.there up for this UTD big time..so we should learn them big time that we are here to stay.,typical as well they get Fergie around again on the eve of the match,.why can’t they just stick with one manager FFS,.this time tomorrow things will be so much clearer:)
Manchester at heart but with a footballing brain.
ManchestersTruestRed
LFC newBie

Postby Penguins » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 am

Well, they'll try to play us the same as last season.
They are not really interested in winning as long as they can sabotage our season.
So be prepeared for anti football where goals will be hard to come by.
0-0 or 0-1 written all ovrr it.

Will be the same story vs the blueshite...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games