Super Cup - Liverpool vs Chelsea 14 Aug 8pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Boocity » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:44 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am wrote:Good result against Chelsea who I absolutely fkg detest !! We weren’t great but eventually we got the job done. The penalty decision was crazy and VAR was a nonsense.

Any guesses who our new member Tommy Smith really is ??? I’ve got my own ideas  :laugh:

I reckon the VAR didn't want to over rule the first female ref in a high profile mens game

Her assistant pointed for a goal kick
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Thank feck we won it in the end but we made hard work of it .

Absolutely delighted for Adrian  :nod I think that is his 1st piece of silverware.
The penalty might have been a bit soft but they are given week in week out in the prem and if they aren't the very same commentators and pundits are asking why it wasn't. Adrian for his part shouldn't have slid in because the lad was going nowhere except to the ground. Those are never penalties imo as he was not denied a goalscoring opportunity.

VAR is a load of shyte and going to ruin the game. Waiting for the ball to go out of play before an offside flag is raised is completely stupid. What happens if the ball doesn't go out of play for a few minutes  :laugh:  or the other team goes up the field and scores ? are they given the advantage. Even Sterlings goal last week was ruled out because of an armpit being offside  :laugh: What's next, someones hair  :laugh:  What was wrong with your standing position at the time of the ball being played ?.
Var should only be used if the ref requests it or only allowed to intervene if the ref missed a serious incident like an assault. Give the manager a option to request it as well but limit it to one per half or something but in its current format its just meddling.

Anyway the game itself was very open at times and they had more than enough chances to win that in normal time which was worrying. I thought we were less defensive against Norwich as well and got caught out high up the pitch a few times. We can't outscore teams every week so I hope we start to tighten up. 

Delighted we won that as well and wouldn't view it as a tin cup at all. Our aim as a club is to win silverware and that's another one :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I agree with your assessments especially about VAR, going to take a while to iron out the flaws. Chelsea were always going to play better than they did against the scum so i was not surprised about the tight match. Kante is a beast and I thought the best player on the field, if we had him we would probably win the premier league. I wanted to see how Keita handled him but obviously he got injured before the match. Happy we won and Firmino should have played from the start. In twenty years when you look up that in 2019 we won the super cup there will be no mention of the fact we played Southampton the following Saturday or that our front three missed preseason. It was a trophy to win and we should not have been fecking around, as was said, we made a meal of it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:14 pm

devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:28 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am wrote:
devaney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am wrote:Good result against Chelsea who I absolutely fkg detest !! We weren’t great but eventually we got the job done. The penalty decision was crazy and VAR was a nonsense.

Any guesses who our new member Tommy Smith really is ??? I’ve got my own ideas  :laugh:

Me too mate. Gobshyte should go get a life

Woof it is obvious that Tommy Smith is Algymoron !! Please don’t  subject us all to his absolute garbage for another season. GET RID MATE PLEASE !!

I'm glad we won the supper cup and not the tea cup
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games