Super sub help me! gaz u to! - Houllier get out and leave my club alone

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Sun May 30, 2004 12:02 am

Even back in August we knew the season would be full of excuses
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Sun May 30, 2004 12:51 am

This season's excuses or justification for Liverpool's playing style under him is the best - something like this:-
statistically Liverpool has the most attempts at goal, averaging 15 shots per game, even higher than Arsenal. Therefore, we are the most attacking side in the Premiership (!).

Reality check:
If Liverpool have 15 "attempts" on the opposition goal but only score 55 goals but Arsenal have less "attempts" per game but score 73 goals, what does that tells you?

(a)  our players are lousy finishers
(b)  our players shoot on sight of goal, no matter how far the distance from that goal
©  stray shots/crosses from the likes of Diouf/Smicer/Cheyrou were classified as "attempts" when you can't really tell if they are intended "attempts" or just hopeful punts aimed at Heskey/Owen but with lousy accuracy that they are nearer the goal than the intended man.
(d)  a bit of a combo of the above...

The thing I can't stand about the excuses is that they are so absurd that they insult the intelligence of fans like us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 30, 2004 12:17 pm

Sell Diouf and draw a line under the whole sorry affair.  If he had anything to deliver, he would have done by now.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:51 am

What is it, 6 goals in 2 years?

Anyone on here remember Big Ben?  None of the new guys will, who registered post-January.

Well if you still come on here as a guest Big Ben, because you don't post anymore,

THAT'S A STATISTIC FOR YOU.  DIOUF FAN CLUB "MY A***"

Ahhhhhhhh..........
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games