Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm

yeah, I just think he was overhyped. He might become a solid squad player but never a 60 million star.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 pm

A slow starter, but scored some important goals towards the end of the season with some good performances.

Not repeated his form from Germany yet, but the signs are there. Fingers crossed he kicks on next season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm

He's limped out of training with a muscle injury, turning into a bit of a sick note
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Ffs. Dafuq is with this guy?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Poor Naby...Brings us back to the miserable decision not to sign anyone..As if Keita..Ox..Lallana are not injury prone..stupid
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 pm

FFS indeed. This is based on a Youtube video of him stopping training with muscle tightness. 

He's not even injured, FFS. At least not officially and players will always stop training if they have muscle tightness.

How about we wait for the club to say something, rather than believe sh!te online
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 am

Really needs to kick on this season. I agree when he arrived, there was way too much hype around him but that isn't his fault. Shown flashes of his ability last season and hopefully can string  performances together and become an important part of the team. Must admit, ability to stay fit is concerning.
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Safe to say that we can't rely on Keita as a starting player anymore. Injury after injury. Abit like Lallana.

About time we move on and start findinv a replacement!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:48 pm

If he can't sort himself out this season then I would tend to agree with you Mags.  Him heading off to the AFCON during the summer was a silly move and one I wish the club would have blocked. I know its tough to request a player not to turn out for his country but given his injury record last season I feel we would have the right to ask. As it stood he was useless for them anyway and returned injured so given how much he cost and gets paid its something we should look at imo.

In regards to selling him though it would be tough to find a club willing to take him with that record and his wage. Its probably for those very same reasons why Lallana is still here. At least till next summer anyway when he walks on a bosman. At the end of the day they are only worth what the buying club is willing to pay so no point in holding out for a fee that we will never get.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:08 am

Think there is definitely a player there but is his mind in the right place in terms of settling. I never noticed his injury record previously so I never saw him as an injury prone player, I hope it is just a run of bad luck rather than a pattern.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:36 pm

isn't he back in training, along with Ali
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:13 am

From Wednesdays' Echo online

Liverpool duo Alisson Becker and Naby Keita are aiming to step up their respective recoveries from injury during the international break.
Keita hasn't featured in a competitive game for the Reds since May 1 when he limped out of the 3-0 defeat to Barcelona in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final.
An adductor muscle curtailed his season early as he missed the final four games of a campaign that ended with a Champions League final triumph in Madrid.

An injury-hit summer also disrupted his plans to play a full part for Guinea in the Africa Cup of Nations and Keita was sent home midway through their group stage after succumbing to a groin problem.
After returning to full training at Melwood in July, Keita featured as a second-half substitute in a lively cameo as the Reds were beaten on penalties by Manchester City in the Community Shield.

Keita was then forced off during an open training session in Istanbul as Liverpool prepared for their UEFA Super Cup clash with Chelsea on August 13 and hasn't played since.
A muscle issue around the hip area has denied Keita the chance to kick-start his second season at Anfield and no timescale has yet been placed on the £52million midfielder's return.

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Alisson continues his own rehabilitation after pulling up with a calf injury midway through Liverpool's 4-1 win over Norwich in their Premier League opener on August 9.
Summer signing Adrian has deputised in the Brazil No.1's absence and the Golden Glove winner is another whose comeback date has yet to be made public.

The ECHO understands that both players have been placed on bespoke training schedules at Melwood during the international break in an attempt to step up their recovery process
The specially designed training regimes are usually deployed for certain players during the pre-season programme and both Keita and Alisson have been placed on their own in an effort to aid their fitness hopes.
With the Reds now on a break until the visit from Newcastle on September 14, Liverpool will privately be hoping some significant progress is made for the injured pair.

However, no dates are being pencilled in for their respective returns just yet, with manager Klopp keen to allow the duo to heal at their own rate.

"He looks in good shape, good mood, but it will take time," Klopp said of Alisson last month. "I don’t know exactly. No date in my mind, we will give him the time he needs.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Franky000 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm

What sticks in my mind is how shell shocked he was in that Napoli loss away last year ... the injury actually saved his ***** in the end. He's obviously felt the pressure of playing for us, but I expect him to make some progress this season as Klopp has had a year to get into his head and work some magic
Franky000

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Naby Keita is nearing a return to full training, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

The midfielder sustained a hip injury ahead of the UEFA Super Cup final against Chelsea in Istanbul last month and has missed the Reds’ last three matches.

Keita will also sit out the forthcoming fixtures with Newcastle United and Napoli; however, Klopp expects to have him available for training following the trip to Italy.
•Jürgen Klopp wins Premier League Manager of the Month award

Elsewhere, the manager offered the latest on Alisson Becker’s rehabilitation from a calf injury, confirming Liverpool will continue to assess the goalkeeper’s recovery daily.

Klopp told his pre-Newcastle press conference, beginning with Alisson: “Funnily enough, we had lunch together [just now]; he looks good and he is improving, but we cannot put any pressure on it.

“It was a really serious injury in the calf. It is now much better, of course, and that’s good for us and good for him, but we don’t know exactly [how long it will be].

“The target was always after the next international break [that] he could be ready, but we don’t know. So, as I said, there is no pressure and hopefully everything will be fine for the rest of the season, that’s the plan.

“Naby is close, much closer than Ali. I think he could be in training when we come back from Napoli next week.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... ury-update
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 am

Like a new signing. Two great performances. Hope he can stay fit and stake a place in the first 11.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion