VAR- The End of Football

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:26 am

Having witnessed the farcical decisions in the womens world cup, I fear for the game of football. The idea that a video system would help get decisions right has now become a vehicle to manipulate the outcome of games. I fear that FIFA, UEFA and the rest of the controlling bodies will use VAR to benefit themselves rather than the game. Corrupt decisions will be the norm this coming season ...the Champions League Elite will benefit from countless calls just to keep the UEFA coffers flowing...  cynical words maybe … but the evidence will be damning come the end of this forth coming season...  :(
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:17 am

Thought last years W.C went ok until the VAR failed to send Ronaldo off for elbowing. I hope next season the F.A have the right people selected and they finally show some consistencies with their decision making from game to game.

I do think VAR will have an impact on how many points will be needed to win the league next year. 88 to 94 is my guess as I doubt anyone will beat 98pts for a while.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 am

Been watching some of the wimmin's footie
VAR is a total pain in the hole during this competition.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Sick of VAR already !

Yeah , it maybe rights some wrong decisions (?) but it's taking the passion and argument out of the game.

Do I really give a f*ck if a player was just half a boot offside ! ?  or a keeper had both feet planted on his line !

:no   :no   :no

f*ck OFF VAR !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:40 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:32 pm wrote:Sick of VAR already !

Yeah , it maybe rights some wrong decisions (?) but it's taking the passion and argument out of the game.

Do I really give a f*ck if a player was just half a boot offside ! ?  or a keeper had both feet planted on his line !

:no   :no   :no

f*ck OFF VAR !

Maybe if it is a decision against LFC
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Didn't like last year during the World Cup.

Like it even less now

If the idea was to take controversy out of the game it has failed miserably
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Didn't like it from the start. Not only does it slow down the game etc. but it doesn't even fulfil it's primary goal, to put an end to the human mistakes made by refs. It gets some decisions right, but it gets a lot wrong as well, just like human referees. It does more bad than good IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:40 am

There's nowt wrong with the system, its the ar$ehole interpretations that spoil the game. What was it, 2mm shy of a goal etc..? It works well in other sports so it should also work well in footie, but don't let the village idiot loose with it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:38 am

Reg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:40 am wrote:There's nowt wrong with the system, its the ar$ehole interpretations that spoil the game. What was it, 2mm shy of a goal etc..? It works well in other sports so it should also work well in footie, but don't let the village idiot loose with it.

After Brasil v Argentina, Copa America game, more issues for VAR , this time sabotage !  :D

From BBC Sport
Speaking after the defeat, Barcelona forward Messi said: "The officiating was crazy. There were clear penalties, on [Nicolas] Otamendi, on Kun [Sergio Aguero].

"[The referee] was on their side. In every divided ball or dispute, he went their way."

Tapia (President of Argentine FA) said Zambrano (the ref) "unjustifiably omitted the use of VAR in at least two specific moves that clearly influenced the final result of the match".

He also questioned whether "the principles of ethics, loyalty and transparency" had been observed during the match.

South American news outlet GloboEsporte reported that Bolsonaro's (the Brasilian President) security team had attempted to block signals, which caused interference and communication failure with the VAR system.

However, the Brazilian local organising committee denied the presidential radio was the reason for the cut in communication with VAR, and said the problem was resolved before kick-off.

Far-right politician Bolsonaro - who performed "an Olympic lap of honour around the stadium at half-time" - was voted in as president last October. Tapia pointed to Fifa and Conmebol rules that "prohibit political demonstrations at a sports event".

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:51 am

Here we go again, season just started and the fix is already on. Yesterday ManUre gifted a win and as usual the referee himself apologized and said he mad a mistake with no repercussions yet the results stands. Last year they got a lot of good bounces from VAR and indeed it was the only reason they made CL as without those “mistakes” they would have been miles off.

Against Chelsea it was a blatant handball in the area but as usual excuses why not given. The ball was heading in the corner and his arm stopped it, whether on purpose or not that should be penalized.

Honestly it is hard to watch football now, before it was just a ref you would accuse him of being an idiot or biased but it ended there, now with VAR it has become institutional. Is it even worth watching and getting hopes up if results are predetermined?

PL has been corrupted by big money. They now give a yellow to any player asking for another player to be booked because it is “unsportsmanlike” yet the PL can predetermine matches which is the absolute definition of unsportsmanlike. Then add that managers are now punished for speaking out on ridiculous decisions.  :glare:

I’ll say it again, you have people making 50k a year determining decisions that are worth hundreds of millions, tell me that no one will take the brown envelope.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:11 pm

We, the ones who throw our money at this sport are at fault. The corruption has risen to ridiculous levels and its mostly because of the enormous amounts of money involved.

I don't know why we weren't given a pen yesterday, but Wolves not getting a pen can only be down to favouritism and corruption, nothing else. The way it's so blatant and straight in our face means that they don't even give a f*ck because they know we can't and won't do anything about it.

As you say mate at least scrap the VAR so we could carry on with giving the slight benefit of doubt that they couldn't see it in real time. With VAR they have no excuse and the technology, apart from armpit offsides, has brought nothing to the sport whatsoever.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:50 pm

It's still a load of shyte!!  I didn't think it was a pen for us and not a red for Mac. If they were doing it right they would have overturned both of the refs decisions.

Hopefully it's gets overturned but I doubt they will after last week's joke and they won't want to be seen as dropping officials every week either. Pundits quickly move on to other topics and TV companies barely show replays anymore highlighting the awful decisions. Think the managers get heavy fines as well for slating it at interviews.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:20 am

Football is it's own worst enemy. How come VAR works so well in rugby and cricket but football can't demonstrate consistent, correct decisions? The system is not at fault, its the people operating it so the only way forward is to bring in a new team of professionals.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:40 am

This is one way they could handle VAR and minimize controversy. The dictatorship-like treatment we get in the PL is laughable, no one knows what they're talking about, no one knows what the officials' thinking is for the decisions they make and they expect everyone to keep their mouth shut or they get punished. They demand respect but respect is earned, they're only making things worse by outlawing people speaking up about their incompetence.

EDIT: Don't know why it says the video is unavailable, it plays fine if you click on it. Alternatively, you can watch it through this link:

https://youtu.be/pmp4g_jXV_c
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:58 am

damjan193 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:40 am wrote:

This is one way they could handle VAR and minimize controversy. The dictatorship-like treatment we get in the PL is laughable, no one knows what they're talking about, no one knows what the officials' thinking is for the decisions they make and they expect everyone to keep their mouth shut or they get punished. They demand respect but respect is earned, they're only making things worse by outlawing people speaking up about their incompetence.

EDIT: Don't know why it says the video is unavailable, it plays fine if you click on it. Alternatively, you can watch it through this link:

https://youtu.be/pmp4g_jXV_c

Good video, hearing the refs discussion is a sign of accountability and there is zero accountability in the PL. I’d love to have heard the back and forth from all those botched calls, if we did I’m sure there would have been an uproar and those officials would have been fired by popular demand. Cynically I’d say the PL would not be able to fix results and that is the only conclusion we can come to.

I think the PL is walking on thin ice as they could lose their cash generating machine if they are not careful.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion