Transfers 2018/2019 In and Out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sat May 11, 2019 1:19 am

Season is almost over so we can put a judgement on our signings this season...

Naby Keita- 6/10

Took time to gel into our side and did show glimpses at the start. These last few weeks has been his best so far. Next season we will see the best of him i guess.

Fabinho 9/10

Beast of a DM took a lil bit of time but has made the DM position his own.

Xherdan Shaqiri 5.5/10

Showed good promise at the start of the season but something went wrong down the line. However when he does play he tends to do well. I would like to see more of him.

Alisson Beker 9/10

One of IF not best keeper in the EPL. Maybe edges or close to Ederson but above De Gea.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm

I know we’re covered for CB and there are other more pressing priorities, but I hope the manager is scoping out Harry ‘slab head’ Maguire...I’ve been well impressed with him and think he could form a colossal partnership with the Big Man.
Franky000

Postby Franky000 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:40 pm

I know we’re covered for CB and there are other more pressing priorities, but I hope the manager is scoping out Harry ‘slab head’ Maguire...I’ve been well impressed with him and think he could form a colossal partnership with the Big Man.
Franky000

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Kevin De Bruyne, 120m bid anyone?

Let's tap him up first of course! :D

Then get reported to the FA like we did on the VVD deal with Southampton lol.

That's how it's done!!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 am

Red Rum » Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 pm wrote:Kevin De Bruyne, 120m bid anyone?

That's how it's done!!

You really need to get a life, a girlfriend will do you a world of good
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm

kazza » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am wrote:

That's how it's done!!

A GF?
How the fck can that happen?
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 am

kazza » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am wrote:

That's how it's done!!

Kazza mate, this phuckwit should be out on his tricycle. Obviously his Mammy doesn't know he's on the internet...
I think I'll do like I've done with other ***** previously on this forum - can't be dealing with inane drivel from 6 year olds
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 18, 2019 10:52 am

Lot of noises coming out of the club that we won't be doing much business in the summer. Very concerning if you ask me, we are nowhere near the finished article.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat May 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Yes but if you think about it, we have Keita and fabinho come in, plus the OX is coming back so we have a brand new signing in effect. we also have Lallana, wjnaldum, Milner.  So if we are looking to buy more midfielders, then Klopp will surely have to offload first!.

whos going to make way.

The midfield is the weak area.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat May 18, 2019 3:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 am wrote:Lot of noises coming out of the club that we won't be doing much business in the summer. Very concerning if you ask me, we are nowhere near the finished article.

Not much coming out of the club at all now a days mate. Loads coming out of gutter journalists and Twitter though. And the reliable journalists don't seem to have much inside info and just repeat the party line.

Klopp said he expects to be less busy than last summer and that makes sense to me. Still think we will see 2 and maybe even 3 high profile signings in addition to a 1 or 2 squad filers/youngsters.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat May 18, 2019 6:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 18, 2019 10:52 am wrote:Lot of noises coming out of the club that we won't be doing much business in the summer. Very concerning if you ask me, we are nowhere near the finished article.

Let's hope they are just trying to keep a lid on things.

If we don't get a top quality striker , AM with an eye for a pass and goals in him ,and LB backup we can prepare to be the bridesmaid again.

The more I reflect on the season the more I think we overachieved given our squad..

The Sturridge/ Origi as "back up" days should be well and truly behind us.  (Yes , Origi did score a few very important goals but which top European team would have his ilk as first choice back up to a front 3 like ours?)

Also the days of a Milner /Hendo/Wijnaldum  midfield should be well and truly behind us.   (Fabhino, Keita / New AM and  Hendo/Wijnaldum as rotation and back up please)

The days of Moreno being anywhere near the club should be erased from the memory as soon as possible.

The days of Lovren brain-farting  in the defence.... you know the chorus by now..   :)
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat May 18, 2019 7:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 18, 2019 10:52 am wrote:Lot of noises coming out of the club that we won't be doing much business in the summer. Very concerning if you ask me, we are nowhere near the finished article.

Why is it “concerning” ?

We aren’t City , we aren’t going to go mental in the summer and the manager who I hope you trust isn’t going to spend big and will just tweak and replace.

People need to stop getting carried away

We aren’t going to bring in a “top striker”

Our midfield is full so unless someone leaves we won’t get sometime in

We will prob get a full back and maybe a CB is Lovren leaves

Players like Brewster , Wilson and possibly Gruijic will be added to the squad next season and maybe if Klopp finds another steal

And I hope people will finally get to understand Klopps methods
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 am wrote:Lot of noises coming out of the club that we won't be doing much business in the summer. Very concerning if you ask me, we are nowhere near the finished article.

Not much coming out of the club at all now a days mate. Loads coming out of gutter journalists and Twitter though. And the reliable journalists don't seem to have much inside info and just repeat the party line.

Klopp said he expects to be less busy than last summer and that makes sense to me. Still think we will see 2 and maybe even 3 high profile signings in addition to a 1 or 2 squad filers/youngsters.

That's not twitter rumours mate that was in the Echo, club looking to maximise profits by the looks of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 19, 2019 1:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 19, 2019 11:55 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 pm wrote:

That's not twitter rumours mate that was in the Echo, club looking to maximise profits by the looks of it.

Echo article just said we're expecting to make a lot of money on sales (Kent, Wilson, etc).

I think we'll make a significant midfield signing (Fekir type) and a significant attacking signing (Werner type). Maybe even a quality CB. 2/3 important signings is enough.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Klopp is always going to play his cards close to his chest and deny any need for major reinforcements. Plus, being mindful of subtext, he will perceive being too open about the need for transfers as alienating to those players already at his disposal, especially if they end up staying.

I still say we need another CB : looks like Slab Head from Leicester is heading for city but I’d attempt to hijack that move...
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion