Transfers 2019/2020

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:50 am

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 pm wrote:
Donavan Ried wrote:This is how I see it...I know both Lallana and AOC have scored recently but they both offer so little in terms of what they bring to the team by way of consistency, goals attacking play and end product that I believe we should move them both on.

Yeah people will point out that they have both scored recently, and yes I acknowledge that, and yes the have both been injured but even before that they both seemed to offer so little in terms of goals and end product. We have Harry Wilson who seems to offer more by way of end product and goals than both the Ox and Lallana and we should be definitely be look to sign the Salzburg Lad Takumi Minamino; great feet  and end product...We should also move on Xherdan Shaqiri

We also need a striker, a replacement for Divock Origi, someone that offers a bit more in the way of consistency and attacking prowess and can chip in with more regular goals than Origi. Someone like Wilfred Zaha who can play any where across the front three

We could be playing as many as 60 games this season or even next so any strike we bring in can get as many as 45 starts so long as he can play in more than one position up front. This would allow us to rest all of the front three giving all of our strikers 15 fewer games  a season. Zaha would minimize the drop off in performance compered to playing Origi and would also be easier to please than most strikers as we can give him the CL football he wants

What worries me about Ox and Lallana is their injury records. I do think Ox has something to contribute as an goal scoring midfielder so unless we improve on him significantly I would hold on. Lallana is out of contract in the summer and I dont think we should be offering him another.

Shaq will want out soon enough as he is getting very little minutes. Not sure if his limited gametime is related to injuries  or Klopp just preferring someone else but he doesn't look comfortable when played.

Origi gets played as a winger when he is the only recognised striker in the team. He will never fulfil his potential out there and it's worse when you see us lumping balls down the middle at Mane or Salah. Origi should be central everytime where he would benefit from having wingers either side which is what Mane and Salah are. Still if we could sign a better option then we should go for it.

Not sure about Zaha though and if we were shopping in Salzburg then I'd prefer Haaland as he knows where the net is and we would benefit from having someone who doesn't need multiple chances to score.

Anyway I reckon we will have movement this summer as we will cash in on either Mane or Salah or possibly both.

Sorry but WHAT !! Cash in ???

Umm why do we need to Cash in on two of the best players in Europe ? You do undertsand we no longer have to sell our best players  :Oo:
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:10 am

I reckon we will have movement this summer as we will cash in on either Mane or Salah or possibly both.

Aaarooogah Aaarooogah !

Submarine type klaxon goes off in my head as RTID lobs in a depth charge !

Cash in on Mane , Salah or both !

Hold tight mate, doctors on his way.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 pm

This guy has a point, we could make a FORTUNE if we cash in on the WHOLE TEAM  :wwww

Might as well sell Anfield, while we're at it. I hear it's worth a bob or two  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:10 pm

When I say "cash in" I don't mean we will actively transfer list both players just for the money but we are a business lads and both assets will have peaked by the time the next campaign starts. We have sold our best players in the past when the money offered was either to good to turn down or the player wants a new challenge at a bigger club so whatever the reason ends up being I don't think the same front 3 will be lining up for us next season.

If Real come for Mane or Salah then I believe we will struggle to keep them. Its just my opinion of course and the summer window will come so we will see then.

Just for arguments sake  :D If we fall to City again this year should we continue with what we have or sell one and look for a different approach ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:12 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 pm wrote:This guy has a point, we could make a FORTUNE if we cash in on the WHOLE TEAM  :wwww

Might as well sell Anfield, while we're at it. I hear it's worth a bob or two  :D

Come on Mate who is suggesting anything like that  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:02 pm

I see nothing wrong in selling maybe one of them(Mane last) before they all turn 32 and we got nothing to build a new team with. I know, I know, the whole thing about there existing a time after Klopp is hard to grasp for some...
But only if someone is willing to pay stupid money for one(like Coutinho)
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Given the crazy sales in Jan i doubt we will buy anyone in Jan however i still would love if we can snap someone who can rotate with Mane,Salah and firmino.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am

First I laughed off rtid suggestion like everyone else, but if you think about it he may have a point there. All 3 of our forwards will be 28 next season, and they all depend a lot on their pace, especially Mane and Salah. How long before they lose their edge? We're no Man City, we're more of a business club, so can we really afford not to cash in on a player that is worth £100m right now but whose price will go down to at least half of that in just a 2 years time?

Thing is, the sooner we realize that we may have to replace all 3 of them in a maximum of 4 years time, the better, and we might want to cash in on one or two of them while they're worth something. It would be difficult for me as well, but it would definitely be a smart move to sell, for example, Mane this summer (don't think anyone was after the other 2), and sign, say, Sancho, for the same amount we sell Mane, or add a little extra (we have that sponsor money now) and sign Mbappe. After that, we'll have 2 or 3 years to think about how to replace 2 forwards instead of 3.

Selling either of those 3 is painful for me to even think about, but maybe it would be a smart move for the future.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Donavan Ried » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:30 pm

Penguins » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:02 pm wrote:I see nothing wrong in selling maybe one of them(Mane last) before they all turn 32 and we got nothing to build a new team with. I know, I know, the whole thing about there existing a time after Klopp is hard to grasp for some...
But only if someone is willing to pay stupid money for one(like Coutinho)

damjan193 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am wrote:First I laughed off rtid suggestion like everyone else, but if you think about it he may have a point there. All 3 of our forwards will be 28 next season, and they all depend a lot on their pace, especially Mane and Salah. How long before they lose their edge? We're no Man City, we're more of a business club, so can we really afford not to cash in on a player that is worth £100m right now but whose price will go down to at least half of that in just a 2 years time?

Thing is, the sooner we realize that we may have to replace all 3 of them in a maximum of 4 years time, the better, and we might want to cash in on one or two of them while they're worth something. It would be difficult for me as well, but it would definitely be a smart move to sell, for example, Mane this summer (don't think anyone was after the other 2), and sign, say, Sancho, for the same amount we sell Mane, or add a little extra (we have that sponsor money now) and sign Mbappe. After that, we'll have 2 or 3 years to think about how to replace 2 forwards instead of 3.

Selling either of those 3 is painful for me to even think about, but maybe it would be a smart move for the future.

I think both Penguins and yourself raises a very good point about the ages of the front three ( I feel a bit stupid suggesting Zaha due to his age now  :D ) but the general point I was attempting to make was the need for a quailty front player who could play across the line with little or no drop off in quality who ever he is replacing and the fact that he would not mind not starting every game if starting as many as our front three which I believe Zaha would have no problem with...

Given that Sane wants out of City could we  sign him..? or is he bayern bound with Sancho perphaps going the other way...? Not sure about Mbappe

If we sold one of the front three then my choice would be Salah, think that what Mane and Frimino bring to the table would be harder to replace than what Salah brings
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 pm

the general point I was attempting to make was the need for a quailty front player who could play across the line with little or no drop off in quality who ever he is replacing and the fact that he would not mind not starting every game if starting as many as our front three which I believe Zaha would have no problem with...

Our front 3 fluff a serious amount of chances between them and Zaha wouldn't be an improvement on that, but I do agree that as a player we could rotate with them he would be a good option. Personally I would rather see us sign a striker who can net at least 3 out of every 5 chances he gets. At the moment our lads are missing some sitters and it only adds pressure to close games out. far too many games are running to the wire and often its a pen that gets us the win when we have had more than enough chances to win the game earlier through chances we missed. The Spurs keeper did play well the other day but most of what we put his way was straight at him. Someone who can hold his nerve and pick a spot would thrive in this team and would be a massive bonus for us to have.

What makes people think we would sign Mbappe ?. He cost PSG €180 mil a year ago and reportedly earns €17.5 mil a year. We would have to pay more than that to land him and even if he agreed to the same wage he currently earns it still would blow our wage structure clean out of the water.  Don't get me wrong I think the lad is a great player and would love to see him here but that is the total opposite of how we operate.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Donavan Ried » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:11 am

Donavan Ried » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:30 pm wrote:[quote="
Given that Sane wants out of City could we  sign him..? or is he bayern bound with Sancho perphaps going the other way...? Not sure about Mbappe

Did not mean to make it sound as If  Sancho would be going to City from Bayern but that If or when Sane goes to Bayern I could see City hiting up Dortmund for Sanchu as a replacement for Sane
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Postby Donavan Ried » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:18 am

red till i die!! » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 pm wrote:
Our front 3 fluff a serious amount of chances between them and Zaha wouldn't be an improvement on that, but I do agree that as a player we could rotate with them he would be a good option. Personally I would rather see us sign a striker who can net at least 3 out of every 5 chances he gets. At the moment our lads are missing some sitters and it only adds pressure to close games out. far too many games are running to the wire and often its a pen that gets us the win when we have had more than enough chances to win the game earlier through chances we missed. The Spurs keeper did play well the other day but most of what we put his way was straight at him. Someone who can hold his nerve and pick a spot would thrive in this team and would be a massive bonus for us to have.

What makes people think we would sign Mbappe ?. He cost PSG €180 mil a year ago and reportedly earns €17.5 mil a year. We would have to pay more than that to land him and even if he agreed to the same wage he currently earns it still would blow our wage structure clean out of the water.  Don't get me wrong I think the lad is a great player and would love to see him here but that is the total opposite of how we operate.

Hard to disagree with anything you said here... But would just like to poimt out that I was not saying Zaha would be an imorove ment o any of the front three, but  I believe that in our set up he would not be so far behind them as Origi, and given the chances we create he would score a lot more goals
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:03 am

Timo Werner would be an interesting addition uptop.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:11 am

Amazing that Klopp has not been able to lure a single German to Anfield.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 am

I think it's alot about availability. Most good german players are playing for big teams that will demand a ton of money for them or the players are happy to stay.
And Germany is in a bit of a slump when it comes to generating new young players. Reus is too old now. Werner is one of the few out there but it's difficult to lure him without us selling one of the front 3 to guarantee him playing time.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion