Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:00 am

Think he has shown glimpses of what he can do but!! was massively overhyped to begin with.

Agree with Woof here in that we thought we were getting something else. At least I did anyway  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 am

We still need that playmaker in the summer, despite signing Fabinho and Keita. Then we need to offload two from Hendo, Milner or Lallana.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm

With Ox coming back, I think it's Lallana who will be making way. Milner deserves another season with his versatility and I just don't see Klopp offloading Hendo. Fab is a massive massive defensive midfielder who will afford both our wing backs to move higher up the field. Definitely need a playmaker who could contribute 15 or more goals per season. With the added threat of Mane who will be getting more attention from defenders from now onwards, I see that will free up the much needed space for Salah, who will sooner rather than later find his form from last season
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Dare I say it, but Naby is starting to find a bit of form...

Two goals in two games and looking very much like the player who was setting the bundesliga alight.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Yes... It was a MASSIVE deflection :D

To be honest, he's far more effective going forward and having a shot than sitting deep in front of the defenders.

I'm sure that's wat Klopp told oxlaide-chamberlain to do last season... Just go forward and have a shot etc etc.

Our player's just need to take more risks.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:47 pm

He was unlucky with some of his through balls, he threaded some nice passes through their defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:10 pm

You can now start to see the player he was at Leipzig - becoming so dangerous running with the ball and adds that extra dimension
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am

He’s been playing like he doesn’t truly believe he belongs here. Almost like impostor syndrome. He’s looked anxious and nervous to be me. There have been bits and bobs during the season, including Tuesday, that makes me think that if he really settles and believes in himself he could be a really big player for us next season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 am

Pig Catcher » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:56 am wrote:He’s been playing like he doesn’t truly believe he belongs here. Almost like impostor syndrome. He’s looked anxious and nervous to be me. There have been bits and bobs during the season, including Tuesday, that makes me think that if he really settles and believes in himself he could be a really big player for us next season.

He's trying to feel his way into the team. New country, new league, new style of play etc. Gonna take a while for him to bed in.

He's definitely more effective though in a more advanced position further up the field than sat much deeper like Fabinho.

OK Benny!???
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 03, 2019 10:33 am

Any news on Naby injury? Shame for him though he was finally clicking for us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri May 03, 2019 11:44 am

redshade » Fri May 03, 2019 9:33 am wrote:Any news on Naby injury? Shame for him though he was finally clicking for us.

out for 2m with a tear:(
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 03, 2019 2:50 pm

only me » Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 am wrote:
redshade » Fri May 03, 2019 9:33 am wrote:Any news on Naby injury? Shame for him though he was finally clicking for us.

Is this true or a rumour?

Fortunately he will have the summer to recover.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Fri May 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Red Rum » Fri May 03, 2019 1:50 pm wrote:
only me » Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 am wrote:

Is this true or a rumour?

Fortunately he will have the summer to recover.

confirmed by Klopp...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:12 pm

I was one of those who kept an eye on him at Leipzig once we knew he was joining and was really excited about what he would bring to our midfield. Overall it was a disappointing season as he struggled to adapt to a new environment but the last month or so before he got injured was very promising indeed. He can pass and dribble in a way that the likes of Milner, Henderson and Gini can’t. I thought the Barcelona midfield were struggling with him until he got injured. He just seemed to be too sharp for them and kept shifting the ball around them and opening in spaces behind them. I think he could be a massive player for us next season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 pm

I was optimistic that Naby's first season in the premier league was just a blip being a bit below par, but having looked at his stats for Leipzig I was a little disappointed...

He averaged just 8-10 Assists per season, and even less goals per season. Sounds OK, but over a 38-50 game season (including Champions League matches) then it's hardly prolific...!?

I think he is a bit wasted sitting too deep as we already have Milner, Wjnaldum, Fabinho etc who are also proned to sitting too deep, We need more offensive players in that department. Klopp needs to tell him to get forward more and make things happen, like he did with the OX who started going forward and not afraid to have a shot etc.

I'm struggling to see what he actually brings to the table!?...But I hope he proves me wrong.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion