Transfers 2018/2019 In and Out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Eagle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:43 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:54 am wrote:I believe we have smashed the record for transfer expenditure in a single window by quite a big margin.

Its about time though. We are having to spend this much due to the neglect in orevious years. I am still amazed at the change in strategy by FSG from BR's tenure and early Klopp years. We didnt seem to flinch when we smashed the records for a defender and a keeper by quite large margins. Wonder what triggered this change? Is it due to Klopp or is it due to coming to realization of the previous mobeyball strategy?

We are still living within our means. The money being spent is being spent by LFC not by FSG. We make more money now than we did a couple of year ago in all areas. We sold Coutinho for nearly £150mil in Jan and made £70-80mil in Champions League prize money last year. The truth is that 2 years ago the likes of Keita, Fabinho and Alisson wouldn't have even spoken to us so we couldn't splash cash on players like that if we had the cash. FSG have been steadily improving the club's financial position to give us a better chance of competing but the big change has been JURGEN KLOPP. Not only has he improved the side and got us into the Champions League 2 season in a row for the first time in over 10 years, he also has the reputation to convince players to come here over other clubs. Klopp may not be signing 7-8 players a year like some of our other managers, but his success rate has been remarkably high, and this has helped us improve each summer played a big part in where we are today.

Exactly this^^^Mr. Eagle
FSG have not changed their business plan or thinking.
The difference we now see is that FSG:
1. Trust the management team they have put in place based on results ONLY.
2. Have a football management team on and off the pitch as good as any in world football.
3. A football management team that can work inside the parameters FSG have in place.
---
IT'S ALL GOOD!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Who's missing Coutinho at the moment!??

His departure in January seems a long distant memory...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:52 am

I still miss his creativity and brilliance. We really need a similar sort of Att mid to play off Firmino.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:54 pm

redshade » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:52 am wrote:I still miss his creativity and brilliance. We really need a similar sort of Att mid to play off Firmino.

His name is Shaqiri :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:08 pm

On a different note, Ryan Kent goes out on loan to Rangers fc teaming up with Stevie G. Good player him, but obviously he's not going to get much game time this season it seems.

I see stevie G is nicking some of our players this window, crafty Sod :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Watched quite alot of Kent when he was at Barnsley and he really failed to impress. He's so inconsistent it's annoying.

He always seems to turn up and impress in preseason, goes out on loan, then rinse and repeat.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Jon Flanagan goes on a free to Rangers as well
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Jon n Flanagan and Ryan Kent in action for Rangers tonight. Two of our outgoings this summer.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:06 pm wrote:Jon n Flanagan and Ryan Kent in action for Rangers tonight. Two of our outgoings this summer.

Just watched them, they both did well (as did Ejariah). It was 1-1 on the night so Rangers go through, the scoreline flattered the other team a bit though, Rangers were by far the better side.
Feels weird cheering on a team who are up the @rse of the conservative establishment in this country but with the likes of Gerrard, Gary Mc, Ryan Kent, Ovie Ejariah and Jon Flanagan all there you have to want them to do well.
I'll say 3 hail Mary's before I go to bed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:52 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:06 pm wrote:Jon n Flanagan and Ryan Kent in action for Rangers tonight. Two of our outgoings this summer.

Just watched them, they both did well (as did Ejariah). It was 1-1 on the night so Rangers go through, the scoreline flattered the other team a bit though, Rangers were by far the better side.
Feels weird cheering on a team who are up the @rse of the conservative establishment in this country but with the likes of Gerrard, Gary Mc, Ryan Kent, Ovie Ejariah and Jon Flanagan all there you have to want them to do well.
I'll say 3 hail Mary's before I go to bed.

You always knew Rangers would become the Liverpool 'B- Team' this season..
I like Kent a lot. Scored a cracker versus Chester the other week, I feel we could have used him as a squad player but not sure if there is room for him in our squad currently. He's fearless and not afraid to get on the ball and have a shot.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Any last minute transfers I wonder?

Remember, last summer we got Oxlaide-Chamberlain at the 11th hour!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:51 am

:cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm

With Clynes wage at least partly gone and cash in the bank for Solanke I would like to think we have at least one important player coming in this window now, otherwise why weaken the squad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:36 pm

So Clyne and Solanke off to Bournemouth. I thought both were loans just noticed Solanke was sold for 19m.

We won't really need Solanka but Clyne loan is an odd one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 pm

Maybe we have the option of recalling Clyne in the event of an injury crisis?
Getting £19m for Solanke is great business though.
If we do bring anyone in hopefully it's a CM who doesn't flap in traffic and knows how to pass the ball.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion