Fabinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:19 am

It was on Sky Sports GOS
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:39 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm wrote:I've not heard anything about this anywhere on Skysports or in the media.

Stop believing in silly rumours

:Oo:

FROM THE MIRROR May 28th

Arsenal 'failed in late bid for Fabinho' before £45m Liverpool switch - Tuesday's transfer news and gossip

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:44 am

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm

I've not heard anything about this anywhere on Skysports or in the media.

:Oo:   :oops:    :p

From Daily Star May 30th

Why Arsenal's attempt to hijack Fabinho from Liverpool is good news for Unai Emery

ARSENAL’S last-ditch attempt to pry Fabinho away from Liverpool could prove very good news for Unai Emery, according to a renowned fan.

The Monaco midfielder signed for Jurgen Klopp’s side in a £44m deal yesterday and will join on July 1.

But, according to Sky Sports, the Gunners also tried to land Fabinho.

They claim Emery tried to sign him while he was at Paris Saint-Germain and tried to persuade him to join the Emirates over the weekend, but his decision had already been made.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am

woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:39 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm wrote:I've not heard anything about this anywhere on Skysports or in the media.

FROM THE MIRROR May 28th

gossip

Precisely my point, rumours!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am

woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:44 am wrote:

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 pm

:Oo:   :oops:    :p

From Daily Star May 30th

[size=150]
But, according to Sky Sports...

See above :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:39 am wrote:

FROM THE MIRROR May 28th

gossip

Precisely my point, rumours!

Gossip, silly rumour or not, It was in fact all over the media , somehow, like my point, you managed to miss it   :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Hey man, I must have missed it then!

Fairplay :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Looks like he could be a slow burner and it might take him 5-10 games to get towards top form. Klopp mentioned that tactically Monaco play in a very different way to us. It also looks to me that he has been struggling with the intense training programme. He’s looked very leggy at times in pre-season. He’s very one footed but looks like a powerful presence who’s good at hunting down the ball. Also looks like he’s got a decent passing range.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:54 am

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/314876-fabinho-liverpool-jurgen-klopp

Fabinho taking 'big steps' towards Liverpool debut

Fabinho's wait for his Liverpool debut is likely to end soon after the international break.

The Brazil international has yet to feature competitively for the Reds following his summer switch from AS Monaco, with Jürgen Klopp fielding an unchanged team in the first three matches and making just a single change at Leicester City on Saturday.

The strength in depth available to the manager has meant no place in the matchday squad for Fabinho since the opening-weekend win over West Ham United.

But the midfielder has made significant progress in training, according to Klopp, and will be needed when Liverpool tackle a difficult run of fixtures later this month.

“The team is good and he needs time,” the boss said after the 2-1 victory at the King Power Stadium extended his side’s 100 per cent start to the season.

“He could have been in the squad, of course, but it’s quite difficult to make the squad at the moment because they are all fit.

“It’s good to have the situation as one might need a bit of time, or the others are more used to it. That’s the only reason.

“But he will come back. And now we have games every three days, and he has made big steps in the last few weeks. He could even play at the moment.”

The No.3 has since joined up with his country, alongside Reds teammates Alisson Becker and Roberto Firmino, for matches against United States and El Salvador.

“Hopefully now Fabinho has games with Brazil, and then after he comes back we have games, games, games,” added Klopp.

“We have the whole of September a lot of games, only against top teams. We need all of the players, that’s good.

“We have come through the period where it looked like we didn’t need all of them because we played quite a consistent line-up and the level in training was high. That’s all cool. Hopefully they all come back healthy as we have to use them all because of the number of games.”

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:31 pm

That's good news, our midfield needs an upgrade and hopefully he is the man to provide it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:22 pm

From what I have seen of him in preseason you could tell that he was used to an entirely different pace of game so I can understand him not starting games yet but surprised he hasnt featured at all. I dont think he even made all the matchday squads which concerns me a bit also.

Looking forward to his introduction though, as i believe he has qualities we need so i hope he has at least played with the under 23's to bring him up to pace a little with the English game.  Like it was with Robertson he might have to wait till someone gets injured to get a proper chance at staking a place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Can't wait to see this guy in action. I have a good feeling about him.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:07 am

He did look a bit iffy in pre season but I thought he was improving with every game, ironically that game he missed the pen was probably his best overall performance, as RTID says I'm surprised he hasn't featured in some capacity before now, it's not as if Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum are ripping up tree's.
One thing about Fabinho is that he is a proper bona fide DM, not just someone turning their hand to the position, hopefully he gets up to speed soon because quite frankly we need him, midfield is the one area letting us down, unfortunately it's arguably the most important area of them all, as the old footballing adage goes - games are won and lost in midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:48 pm

We are a lucky team to be sitting on a £50m player whilst he beds in. Not for one game but several.

I think there would be criticism if we had a poor start but thankfully have been excellent.

Appreciate he did this with Robertson but that's a young guy stepping up a few levels and for a low fee.

Fabhino is already a top player who should handle anything so I hope he's worth it long run.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 am

Not a great debut versus Chelsea. He didn't look very sharp, slow pace and slow on the turn, you can see why Klopp has left him out.

And now out of the carling cup, he might not get a lot more game time in the coming matches.

More progress required.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion