Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm

First five games in and we have had a glimpse of Naby in the premier league. What do you lot reckon so far!?

I'm a bit disappointed. He's hardly ripping up trees. He looks slow and off the pace, his through passes are lacking accuracy, and he hasn't many assists to his name thus far either.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:12 pm

I think he looks abit lost in the system. Not sure how good his English is but he looks like a stranger to the rest of the team. I've got a feeling he's under strict orders to be disciplined with his position so he's not getting forward too much. Think he'd benefit playing in abit more of an attacking midfield role then he can affect the game abit better.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Not the best so far but you can see that there's a player in there. I think he'll develop just fine over time. Only 23 remember.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm wrote:First five games in and we have had a glimpse of Naby in the premier league. What do you lot reckon so far!?

I'm a bit disappointed. He's hardly ripping up trees. He looks slow and off the pace, his through passes are lacking accuracy, and he hasn't many assists to his name thus far either.

Get a grip of yourself

He is young , adapting and been fine so far
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm wrote:First five games in and we have had a glimpse of Naby in the premier league. What do you lot reckon so far!?

Get a grip of yourself

I'm just saying what I see. And other people agree (read backwards pal)

It's early days yet, I know, but I thought Keita would be more of a box to box playmaker, with Fabinho covering the back four in a holding position allowing others to roam forward. But it hasn't materialised yet. Keita is sitting too deep, and looks a bit lost in the Midfield three, thus far. He's showed some good touches and we know he's intelligent, but we have too many defensive midfielders and not enough goals from Midfield or attacking minded players.

I'm still bemused Klopp gave Hendo a long new contract as I don't think he is good enough.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:31 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm wrote:

Get a grip of yourself

I'm just saying what I see. And other people agree (read backwards pal)

It's early days yet, I know, but I thought Keita would be more of a box to box playmaker, with Fabinho covering the back four in a holding position allowing others to roam forward. But it hasn't materialised yet. Keita is sitting too deep, and looks a bit lost in the Midfield three, thus far. He's showed some good touches and we know he's intelligent, but we have too many defensive midfielders and not enough goals from Midfield or attacking minded players.

I'm still bemused Klopp gave Hendo a long new contract as I don't think he is good enough.

He is 5 games into his career - it’s not FIFA where players settle straight away , he is just finding his feet and playing nice and simple until he gets used to the pace. Get some patience
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 pm

He is being overshadowed by Milner in midfield but then again, who isn't. I think he adds a new dimension to our play. He still needs a bit of time to win over the fans but you can tell the players completely trust him down both ends of the pitch. Once he scores a couple of goals I think he'll become a much more influential part of our attacking game. He's the 4th player always looking for pockets between opposition defense and midfield and he always looks the most likely to make something happen outside the front 3. With Countinho playing in a midfield 3 we had more creativity but less balance. With Keita we get more balance, strength, and pace on the counter.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Think he has been decent enough myself. Started the season good and showed he can certainly play at this level but maybe struggling a bit with consistency at the moment. He will grow into it and get better as he does.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Hisaingenis » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

I also think he is doing well so far, pretty sure he is going to leave prints here more than E.Can
Hisaingenis
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm

We all know Keita is a natural footballer blessed with great game intelligence but he's a player who needs to be given time to adjust to his new surroundings and indeed team mates,I mean, not many midfielders 'regardless of their quality' arrive in this league and adapt straightaway, patience is key here likewise with Fabinho and Shaqiri .

The team is winning games and working damn hard to do so and Keita has already played his part in that ,in fact its become evident that if any teams intention is to out work this Liverpool team and tactically out coach Klopp then they best start by grabbing a copy of The Art Of War because I'm guessing our methodical German has already read it.

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Patience?

How much time? Bearing in mind we are in a results business and are aiming to win the league title this season.

Our new recruits need to hit the ground running, I'm afraid.

Each premier league match isn't a rehearsal...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 pm

I’m happy with him so far, he was excellent in the first two games and although he has been quieter recently he’s still contributing positively to the team, he’s the most creative midfielder we have does a good job supporting the front 3, give it a couple of months and he will be tearing up this league
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:22 am

Love the lad.... very impressed with him so far. The work he has done so far is invaluable to the team if unspectacular. The added threat he poses in midfield has forced the opposition to play our midfield very differently from last season. Our defensive boys are afforded more time to break things up as there is a fear to press them too much as Naby has shown that he has the skills to wriggle free and play key balls if given the opportunity. And they know that if does wriggle free, their shape in midfield will not be at its optimum due to the press.

As such, the stand off of our midfielders just a tad more than what they would have done last year.

This has added stability to the center of the park and has also contributed in no small way to the resurgence of Milner.

Sometimes, a player does not have to be the spectacular, eye-catching footballer (that seems to be favoured by a lot of fans these days) to be fundamentally effective in the team.

From what I have seen so far, the lad is well worth both the high price and year long wait we had to pay to get him.
ConnO'var

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:48 pm

ConnO'var » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:22 am wrote:Love the lad.... very impressed with him so far. The work he has done so far is invaluable to the team if unspectacular. The added threat he poses in midfield has forced the opposition to play our midfield very differently from last season. Our defensive boys are afforded more time to break things up as there is a fear to press them too much as Naby has shown that he has the skills to wriggle free and play key balls if given the opportunity. And they know that if does wriggle free, their shape in midfield will not be at its optimum due to the press.

As such, the stand off of our midfielders just a tad more than what they would have done last year.

This has added stability to the center of the park and has also contributed in no small way to the resurgence of Milner.

Sometimes, a player does not have to be the spectacular, eye-catching footballer (that seems to be favoured by a lot of fans these days) to be fundamentally effective in the team.

From what I have seen so far, the lad is well worth both the high price and year long wait we had to pay to get him.

There is a real player there and frankly anyone that cannot see that does not know football.  Some fans need to see goals to acknowledge talent but there is a lot more to football than goals. Having said that, there are definitely goals in him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:52 am

In hospital with a back injury
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion