Liverpool v Brighton. 13/5  K.O. 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Last time we conceded less than 40 goals was in 09.
First time consecutively qualified for Champions league since Rafas days.

84 goals scored 2nd best since Epl started.
Undefeated at home!

Good stuff lets keep it going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Not had much credit but Wijnaldum in great form and excellent again today. First to every ball and uses his body to great effect. Not a guy to go crunching in but can steal the ball really well.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Great performance and a well deserved win  :nod 4th again in the bag but again final day of the season so hopefully we are stronger next year.

Delighted Solanke and Robertson broke their duck today. Salah is just some player and what a season he has had  :bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 am

https://youtu.be/wGV1Gl18rT0

Kenny giving Salah golden boot awesome.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 am

Champions League football 2 seasons in a row. No more big players rocking the boat. We can only improve from here.

One more win this season lads!!  :buttrock  :buttrock
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:30 am

Missed this game, even missed MOTD, cos I was on the way to fkin Delhi!! Still, delighted to check the scores and see the result. Even more so that Rafa's lot hammered the Chavs (the man is kwalitee...)
So the countdown to Kiev is on.
Here's hoping that any potential signings for the close season will see the progress we are making under Klopp. Here's hoping they won't have $$ signs in their eyes and choose Citeh or the Filth over us instead. Here's hoping our owners will see the potential in the younger lads we have who have an opportunity to be part of something really speacial.
Really really chuffed at the way this season is finishing. That said, we've thrown away points, a lot of them, we need strength in depth. We need almost TWO teams to cope with domestic and european campaigns. We need players who will slot in seamlessly week after week.
YNWA
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Franky000 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 am

bunglemark2 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:30 am wrote: we need strength in depth. We need almost TWO teams to cope with domestic and european campaigns. We need players who will slot in seamlessly week after week.
YNWA

We had similar hopes at the end of last season, but you get the feeling that after reaching the CL for two consecutive seasons the owners have felt justification in their transfer policy and will stubbornly persist with it. Whether we win the cl or not, it’ll be another case of “I told you so”, with one or two marquee and a handful of moneyball signings. Not trying to be negative here, we’ve had a great season, but as u say, we need significant investment for TWO teams in order to step up a gear. We certainly have the right manager in place.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Mon May 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Franky000 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm wrote: We certainly have the right manager in place.

Talking of which, where's Algybollocks?  :oh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 pm

What happens after the CL final will be crucial, since 1990 I've lost count of the number of times we've put ourselves in a great position to really kick on only to make a right pigs breakfast of everything during the summer.
Poor signings are usually to blame, that or letting one of our better players go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon May 14, 2018 12:44 pm

With a week to rest and prepare we were back on in. We were actually wasteful in the first half and had 2 good shouts for a penalty turned down so it could have easily have been 5-0 at HT. It was a comfortable final game of to the season in the end with loads of plus points to reflect on over the league season.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Reg » Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am wrote:
Franky000 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm wrote: We certainly have the right manager in place.

Talking of which, where's Algybollocks?  :oh:

Funny how he never shows up when we win, I hope he's ok  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm

The Toll this season has had on our squad is evident, fatigue, dropping points, drawing too many games, squandering leads in matches before VVD arrived etc, also are things Jurgen has to iron out in the summer.

Our squad is not able to cope with the demands of a season like this with intense champions league matches, two games a week etc.

A few stellar signings in the summer are required. Squad needs more depth and strength and any departing players like Coutinho and maybe Can, Sturridge etc, need to be replaced with quality.

I'm sure Jurgen has got a few players lined up I'm sure. VVD and Salah signings were exquisite.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games