Pay-offs - Can't be right surely?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:08 pm

first of all, can i say that i'm sorry if this has already been covered on this forum, but i am not particularly surprised by the record losses that lfc have made in the last year. :(

for those on this board who seem to live in a fantasy world, where LFC have loads of cash and can buy whatever player they want, read this from the offal. while we're not doing a leeds, not being in the CL has done real damage to the financial accounts:

basically the club made a loss of £21m (£10.7m of this attributable to getting rid of the last management regime plus £3.5m being knocked off the value of anfield on the balance sheet).

but that does not mean the club is in financial disaster. in fact the club reduced it's net debt by 20% (down to about £15m)

however in this day and age, it can't be right can it, that managers get a huge pay off for basically being a failure? i hear that santini may be getting £2m after being at spurs for 13 games. it's madness.

pay-offs for being a failure. forget the legal stuff. justified or not? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:50 pm

Pay off including Houllier,Thompson,Lee,Damino and the rest of the staff.

Also Owen, Heskey and Murphy would have got a loyalty bonus because they never put in a tranfer request.

Makes you sick, don't it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:32 pm

i try not to waorry about the money, the football gives me enough of a headache by itself at the moment
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:04 pm

But often what happens off the pitch has a bearing on what happens on it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:46 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:But often what happens off the pitch has a bearing on what happens on it.

very true but if you want to talk the financial side of football your best contacting kindaconfuzed :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:11 pm

the great one wrote:
Pig Catcher wrote:But often what happens off the pitch has a bearing on what happens on it.

very true but if you want to talk the financial side of football your best contacting kindaconfuzed :)

Why? ???
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:54 am

Pig Catcher wrote:
the great one wrote:

Why? ???

because he more into the finical side of football than the playing side
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:13 am

stmichael

I think the issue is that the "football game" is not well managed.

Spiraling wages and transfers (and I include managers in this) means that pressure is put on the fans to pay up ever more whether it be through Sky subscriptions or thru the turnstiles or thru products endorsed by clubs.

It wasn't that long back that players had a wage cap but the removal of this linked to satellite TV saw more money come into the game and the successful clubs now have to "buy" success. There is little chance anymore of doing it on the cheap.

Very few clubs make money and so with ever increasing wage bills clubs find it more and more difficult to make ends meet.

IMHO its all out of control and unless there is some sanity brought back into the game from legislation then I'm not sure where it will end but there is gonna be more casualties.

These massive pay offs are yet another indication of the mailaise that abounds the game, with inept management.

For me the only solution is greater control from UEFA, the FA and the clubs themselves. There are numerous cases of inept management and the fans are generally driven by loyalty to their clubs and are not interested in the finances until the club can no longer survive and its at this point they have to take an interest.

After all its the fans who pay for all of this mismanagement and its the only industry where the management don't consult their customers to see what they want.

I don't think clubs can help themselves so I think it can only be managed by legislative controls.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:42 am

kindaconfused wrote:stmichael

I think the issue is that the "football game" is not well managed.

Spiraling wages and transfers (and I include managers in this) means that pressure is put on the fans to pay up ever more whether it be through Sky subscriptions or thru the turnstiles or thru products endorsed by clubs.

It wasn't that long back that players had a wage cap but the removal of this linked to satellite TV saw more money come into the game and the successful clubs now have to "buy" success. There is little chance anymore of doing it on the cheap.

Very few clubs make money and so with ever increasing wage bills clubs find it more and more difficult to make ends meet.

IMHO its all out of control and unless there is some sanity brought back into the game from legislation then I'm not sure where it will end but there is gonna be more casualties.

These massive pay offs are yet another indication of the mailaise that abounds the game, with inept management.

For me the only solution is greater control from UEFA, the FA and the clubs themselves. There are numerous cases of inept management and the fans are generally driven by loyalty to their clubs and are not interested in the finances until the club can no longer survive and its at this point they have to take an interest.

After all its the fans who pay for all of this mismanagement and its the only industry where the management don't consult their customers to see what they want.

I don't think clubs can help themselves so I think it can only be managed by legislative controls.

did you eat a dictionary for breakfast   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:55 am

Now I know what you meant TGO.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion