Leicester vs Liverpool mon 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Finally a Liverpool game :D.

We've had our little break so im expecting the lads to be fully energetic for this one.
Were going to play a game a week now so lets go on a good run and claim a champions league spot.

Not sure what Leicester will come out. I'm guessing they will play much better than they have. Into the relegation zone now so they can't afford to lose.

However im confident we will win this one.

3-1 to us.

Most likely should be out strongest xi.

Mignolet

Clyne lovren Matip Milner

Hendo

Lallana  Wijnaldum

Mane           Coutinho
     Firmino
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Yeah we will have to watch it here, this crowd may be in the bottom 3 but they showed midweek that they can still turn up when they feel like it. Seville are third in La Liga and are a good side but Leicester left the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium with a more than decent result.
Leicester's natural game is to sit back and hit teams on the break which as we all know is a tactic that we have struggled to cope with in recent weeks as well.
If we overcommit men forward Mahtrez and Vardy will undoubtably have a field day because we've already shown against no hopers like Swansea and Hull that we can't defend counterattacks for toffee so we need to be patient and bide our time.
I'd love to be more confident but it's just like Liverpool to follow up a great performance against a good side like Tottenham with a complete capitulation away at some side in the bottom 3.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:53 pm

This game will be a great success
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 am

This is a must win for us as a win could propel us onto a good run. I'm always wary of playing a team that just lost a manager and were under achieving as the players will certainly have a point to prove, after all this lot won the premiership last year so they cannot be that bad. A win for us however could make our season as after them we play Arsenal ( who will play football rather than park the bus) and then Burnley at Anfield (who will park the bus but we should manage) then City who undoubtedly will play football, we then play Everton. We could conceivably win five in a row going into the final stretch with no strong teams left to play and momentum and confidence on our side, it all starts Monday and we need to win this match. They have had a couple weeks off, they went to Spain for a training camp so I hope to see a team full of fresh players ( with good tans  :D  )
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 am

We might have some injuries (whatever we do we get injured ffs) with JiJi ,Sturridge and Lovern...Will have to wait for late fitness tests..
I think Ranieri being sacked didn't go well with the players and fans so they won't be up to the task mentally ,we just need to make sure we take advantage of this.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:38 pm

They're all must-win games from here on in. However, we must be on our guard as the Leicester players have been given a lot of stick and they have a point to prove.

Hopefully we can start well and get an early couple of goals, otherwise it could be a long evening.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 pm

No excuse really against a team in freefall without a manager and weve had a good rest, a holiday in Spain, against their busy and frantic schedule.

Should be set up for a win but its us so common sense and logic is usually out the window, could be a 4 nil cake walk or an absolute train wreck reverse.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby brybger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 pm

I bet L'pool scores 2+ and (of course) we'll win!!
brybger
LFC newBie

Postby killerp » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:22 am

I'm trying to imagine the post match press conference if we lose this one. How would you explain having a special training camp in Spain with two weeks to prepare for one game and still lose.

Surely that's a sack-able offense  :eyebrow
killerp

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Reports Henderson has a foot injury so unavailable, could be out 6 weeks, but a rumour at this point.

We will be back to Can and maybe Lucas so that's just great, Henderson is no world beater but best of an ordinary bunch.

Maybe he kicked the telly when Ibrahimovic rose to nod home yesterday, I nearly did.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm

I think he spent too  long over the last two weeks with his feet up watching telly that he's got pins and needles and can't walk on them... lazy b@stards the lot of them.

Right so Klopp has had his much published '2 week winter break' - if we lose this to a team without a manager, free falling towards relegation then he will need a cracking excuse.
No doubt if we do lose it he'll have something witty to comment on and something else to blame.

Positive thoughts Leeroy!   OK, I can see this been a trouncing. I actually think we'll put 5 past them.

Leicester Shitty 1 Liverpool 5
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:53 pm

brybger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:54 pm wrote:I bet L'pool scores 2+ and (of course) we'll win!!

I hope you're right mate but the Leicester players have just spent the past few days defending themselves in the press and on social media, they won't want to lose this.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

If they still had Ranieri I'd fancy our chances but now the Leicester players have to come out all guns blazing - obviously they'll get a backlash from the fans if they knuckle down and work hard but the pressure is on for them to perform. I reckon a draw (and I hope I'm wrong)
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Its hard to predict how this will go but i think our pressing and intensity will be too much for leicester to handle.

Yup i heard about Hendo but seems like nothing is confirmed yet.

EDIT

Just noticed yup his not travelled due to badly bruised foot.
Has he been kicking a metal ball?

Hmmm i wonder who will fill his role. Lucas or Can.

Well also Lovren is expected to miss.
So most likely Lucas in CB and Can CM.

No to optimistic about that.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:12 pm

redshade » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm wrote:Its hard to predict how this will go but i think our pressing and intensity will be too much for leicester to handle.

Yup i heard about Hendo but seems like nothing is confirmed yet.

EDIT

Just noticed yup his not travelled due to badly bruised foot.
Has he been kicking a metal ball?

Hmmm i wonder who will fill his role. Lucas or Can.

Well also Lovren is expected to miss.
So most likely Lucas in CB and Can CM.

No to optimistic about that.

It's feckin depressing mate... if our team suffers from just injury to one player, the player who's coming in makes alot of fans get depressed... that's not right...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games