Liverpool Vs Leicester 10/09 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Raoul » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 pm

Aside from THAT moment, Lucas has played very well. His response has been exactly what you'd want. Good pro. Still only a 5 though!

Firmino probably my MOTM. Two very cool finishes, though he did go quiet for a while there.

4-1 is a great start for my Sunday.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:19 pm wrote:Mane looks to be worth every penny.

I remember a few here had their doubts about him but I've always thought he had the ability. Is lightening fast, direct, gets goals, has an eye for a pass and puts a shift in defensively. Key with him is going to be consistency. If he can keep the bar high with regards to his performances, genuinely think he can be one of the best players in the league and he will look cheap at the price we got him for.

Wasn't someone writing off the guy because he didn't score in a couple of pre-season friendlies?  :laugh:

The lad is mustard and a huge upgrade on Stirling
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Raoul » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:26 pm wrote:Aside from THAT moment, Lucas has played very well. His response has been exactly what you'd want. Good pro. Still only a 5 though!

Firmino probably my MOTM. Two very cool finishes, though he did go quiet for a while there.

Agreed about Lucas.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Raoul » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:26 pm wrote:Aside from THAT moment, Lucas has played very well. His response has been exactly what you'd want. Good pro. Still only a 5 though!

Saturday night here, which makes it an even better start to the evening  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Top 2nd half performance and more importantly response.
Firmino, Mane and Studge all played well. For me i feel Lallana impressed me the most. His improved a lot and is getting on the scoresheet aswel. His performance compliments his work rate.
Great win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Great team performance. Klopp got the tactics spot on.

The summer purchases all looked good. Wijnaldum did well and had an assist. Matip looks very solid and should work well with Lovren. Mané looks exceptional and is probably the best introduction to the team since Sturridge and Coutinho.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:12 pm

What can you say about that? there were so many fine individual performances it's hard to single anyone out but I thought Mingolet had a great game, his nose looked bust to me and he had to change his shirt twice because of the blood but he stuck in there and produced a fine save off Vardy at a crucial point in the game. That's the type of bottle and resilience that we want to see.
Hendo was another one who really stood up to be counted and hats off to Lucas as well for not letting his head drop after his mistake.
What an absolute star Mane is, he was clean through at the end but instead of thinking of personal glory he gave it to Firmino (who was also outstanding), who would have blamed Mane for shooting especially given he'd already scored one and it was his home debut but he is a proper team player. The front 4 were devastating, we looked like Barca at times.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Not perfect but you would have to say a fantastic result against last years champions.

For once Lallana put his laces through the ball for an emphatic finish and both sides could have added to their tally.

I am always tough on Lucas as hes never been a favourite of mine but we are very tasty going forward though I suspect our nerves will be shredded every game given the freedom we play with.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:16 pm

My only concern is were still edgy at the back at times. We seems to panic, make poor passes and give the ball away. As soon as they scored we looked nervous at the back. It was like the lads reactions were to slow. This is something we need to fix. I understand what Klopp wants to do from the back instead of hoofing the ball he want to start possession which is great. Our defenders need more composure when under pressure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:28 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:16 pm wrote:My only concern is were still edgy at the back at times. We seems to panic, make poor passes and give the ball away. As soon as they scored we looked nervous at the back. It was like the lads reactions were to slow. This is something we need to fix. I understand what Klopp wants to do from the back instead of hoofing the ball he want to start possession which is great. Our defenders need more composure when under pressure.

Karius in goal and Marip alongside Lovern should improve things. I know some are praising Migs, but his performance today still showed his weaknesses. Karius should be starting in the next few weeks and remain in goal for the season. No question.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:31 pm

I found Mignolet cagey aswel especially when he was passing it to the defenders. Each time he got the ball i was nervous as the crowd was.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:27 am

We've had various different combinations in defence so far this season. Once we have a settled back four, things should definately improve. So far, the only other team that look as good as us going forward are Man City imo
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:55 am

Yup without doubt going forward we are up there with the best.
The passing upto when Hendo blasted the ball over was sublime. That would have been a brilliant orchestrated goal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:02 am

Great game! We had soo many good runs from our front 3 and the midfield, it was an absolute joy to watch. Also solid again defensively besides the gaffe by Lucas.
kartiek

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:24 am

Thoroughly enjoyed that , the atmosphere was brilliant and so was the football that accompanied it. Henderson was my man of the match because he was everywhere ,one of his best performances in a red shirt ,tireless pressing from the lad from start to finish ! Firmino is just such a delightful player when he's on song and performances such as this underline his class ,Sturridge played well and linked up brilliantly with Mane and Firmino .

We played some gorgeous football yesterday ,so sexy it was filthy and Klopp got our tactics spot on ,I think in attacking terms our triumvirate  looks one of the most potent ,we just need to stop feeding the animals and cease making these ridiculous errors and then we can really gain some momentum and see the strides we're making under this manager.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games