Liverpool Vs Leicester 10/09 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 pm

First home game of the season so lets make it count.
It will be tough facing the champions, last year we lost on the thunderbolt goal by vardy.
I feel Leicester will keep it tight and try to catch us on the counter.

Not sure if Coutinho will feature as he is due back from abroad.
Positive for us is Mané should play.

I would go with this line up if Couts is not playing.

Mignolet

Clyne lovren Matip Milner

Hendo Wijnaldum

Mane    Lallana(couts)  Firmino

Sturridge
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 am

We did beat these at Anfield though mate in a game that will probably be best remembered for Benteke missing an open goal right at the end.
I think we just need to continue playing the way we have been doing, okay Burnley wasn't great but we did dominate the ball and we were without Mane so if we can pick up where we left off before the international break I'll be more than happy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:28 pm

Thank god there's football back on. International breaks are the worst
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:28 pm wrote:Thank god there's football back on. International breaks are the worst

Tell me about it mate, my heart actually sank the other day when I noticed that there's not only an international break at the beginning of next month but also at the beginning of November as well  :(
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Sat night  will be my first match of the season ,really looking forward  to seeing  the new stand I could have gone the other day and shared my awe with the tourists ,but I thought I would save the experience for a match day with proper fans and no half and half scarves  :;): Just joking daytrippers ! 

I think Leicester have done incredibly well to only lose Kante and largely retain the core of their squad ,whilst adding to it with the acquisition of Slimani. I think Saturday will be a real battle and I just hope the occasion doesn't deflect  attention from what our boys have to do on the pitch.

One thing's for certain is you don't play teams that play on the counter like Leicester without  a DM ,and Henderson for all his effort certainly doesn't fall into that category    ???

That said I'm really excited to see how we will set up and play at home this season ,because how we fare at Anfield could define the season ahead.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:22 pm

We will throw everything at them so I can see it being a big win for us or we will be be lousy and lose with a whimper, no grey areas.

In terms of defensive work its a big test for Milner and Matip and I suspect Vardy will pull into our left back area quite a bit with balls down the side, we will see if Milner can handle him on a good day.

We can cause any team problems with our front players but as we know are far from complete in terms of balance as a unit.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:31 pm

This one is live on BT Sport. Anyone on a EE pay monthly contract plan can get free access for six months to the BT Sport App
red_indian

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:51 am

From the press conference seems like Klopp will give Sakho time and will see how he proves himself.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Hendo is in tonight's Echo saying he is over the injuries which dogged him last year and he finally feels like a club captain after months of self doubt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Many of us are on the "party bus" for this one .

Personally I'm thinking the result is not a forgone conclusion.

All the drum banging about the "new" Anfield and 1st game at home this season has imo only piled the pressure on us.

Hopefully we'll rise to the occasion, equally I'm hoping we don't go all Gung Ho and get sucker punched.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Im confident we will get a positive result. We are usually good against the so called top teams.
Defensively will be a worry all season for us.
Can't wait for this one looking forward to it. Common red men.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Tough match we are under pressure to win and they play the deadly counterattack style of game...I thought they bought very good players upfront likes of salimani and Moussa....don't know about this one...would rather have Chelsea or ManU
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:25 pm

only me » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:00 pm wrote:Tough match we are under pressure to win and they play the deadly counterattack style of game...I thought they bought very good players upfront likes of salimani and Moussa....don't know about this one...would rather have Chelsea or ManU

Its all going to come down to one thing, us finishing our chances. Im sure we will dominate for periods and create loads of chances. Problem with our frailties at the back is that it could just take Leicester a good counter to knock us down and all they will need to do then is defend, which they did well last season.
We really need to finish our chances thats why i want Sturridge/Origi to start.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:05 am

I just hope Moreno doesn't play.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:55 am

Reg » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:05 am wrote:I just hope Moreno doesn't play.

He was last spotted taking his baby for a walk while riding a Segway.  :no

I think you are safe
killerp

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games