Capital One Cup 3rd Round Draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:20 pm

supersub » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:15 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:28 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:16 am wrote:the league cup didnt seem to carry too much weight when it came to kenny keeping his job, he won it the season he was sacked, it cant be that important.

Sacked for not coming 4th with the money that was spent.

winning is the new losing.......4th is the new champion

That's the way it is now - any manager that wins a trophy and gets to a final of another should never be fired. But the owners stated the importance of getting 4th so sacked him. If BR doesn't get 4th this season what are they going to do then ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 pm

He should go, no question. It's just what is an acceptable minimum requirement for any manager to keep his job at Anfield.

I don't think we will get fourth with that thin squad we have, and then there will be the knock on effect of Suarez definately gone next summer, and not being able to attract any big names, as not in the CL. We'll end up going backwards as a club. Us not being top 4 is a nightmare from my point of view.

We definately will not crack the top 3 (Man U, Man C, and Chelsea) and 4th will be a scrap between us, Tottenham and Arsenal probably.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:34 am

That's the way it is now - any manager that wins a trophy and gets to a final of another should never be fired. But the owners stated the importance of getting 4th so sacked him. If BR doesn't get 4th this season what are they going to do then ? 

Haven't you also being stating the importance of 4th .... all summer long? Admitting again you'll be moaning (even though you do anyway) if we don't get 4th.

Your no different to FSG then.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 am

He's trying to accuse FSG of double standards if they don't kick Brendan straight out the door if we don't get fourth, that's all he's getting at with all his questions and cryptic garbage. He wants us to say keep Brendan even though some accepted Kenny getting the chop. I personally think it was the right thing to do and now we need to stick with Brendan for a while now to get some stability at the club. 5th would be enough for me this season so long as we're in te mix for fourth late in the season
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:57 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:34 am wrote:

Haven't you also being stating the importance of 4th .... all summer long? Admitting again you'll be moaning (even though you do anyway) if we don't get 4th.

Your no different to FSG then.

Kenny Kan

I am sure that you have noticed that the vast majority of posters, including myself, are no longer responding to BTN's constant stream of negativity - THE FORUM WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE IF YOU DID THE SAME (highlighting a point mate-not shouting). I know what you are trying to do but to be honest you are wasting your time. Forums and Twitter are BTN's life. He craves for attention and will go out of his way to get it. The COPY and PASTE functions on his computer must be close to worn out !! Simply ignore him. I will also try to follow my own advice.

Enjoy the game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 am

Greavesie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 am wrote:He's trying to accuse FSG of double standards if they don't kick Brendan straight out the door if we don't get fourth, that's all he's getting at with all his questions and cryptic garbage. He wants us to say keep Brendan even though some accepted Kenny getting the chop. I personally think it was the right thing to do and now we need to stick with Brendan for a while now to get some stability at the club. 5th would be enough for me this season so long as we're in te mix for fourth late in the season

Stability is the key. During 2010,2011 and 2012 Liverpool FC spent over £25m compensating staff that were sacked. Yes sacked !! They got rid of those people because they simply were not performing to the required standard and in some cases not even close.These figures pale into insignificance compared to what Chelsea have spent on changing managers and key personnel. However when compared with Arsenal and Manchester United we have wasted one hell of a lot of money. Add a number of extreme cock ups in the transfer market and it becomes apparent as to why FSG are not prepared to throw there money around in a profligate manner.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous