Cl 3rd round draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kaz the kopite » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 pm

they are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!! 

everton  4  never! :rasp  :rasp  :rasp
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby moribentarse » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:06 am

hmm..isnt this quite a thread,im starting to hope we actually do draw you in the qualifiers because hand on heart i believe we can beat you...everton are a well organised unit who are very fit,strong ,direct and very hard to beat which explains why we finished 4th..believe it or not Reds..you cannot be stuffy over a full season.....we finished 4th because we were the 4th best team on league form...
maybe liverpool would win but believe me it would not be as easy as you think..
dont underestimate davie moyes.....and big dunc either
moribentarse

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:49 pm

I agree Neverton were the 4th best team on league form last season, but what you fail to see is that the might reds were the BEST team playing european football last season.

So as for you saying you want to meet us is laughable, it would be like lambs to the slaughter
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:28 am

moribentarse wrote:hmm..isnt this quite a thread,im starting to hope we actually do draw you in the qualifiers because hand on heart i believe we can beat you...everton are a well organised unit who are very fit,strong ,direct and very hard to beat which explains why we finished 4th..believe it or not Reds..you cannot be stuffy over a full season.....we finished 4th because we were the 4th best team on league form...
maybe liverpool would win but believe me it would not be as easy as you think..
dont underestimate davie moyes.....and big dunc either

LEAGUE FORM.

This is the champions league, by the way.  Prem. form wont help you here.  We had great cl form and then terrible league form, but we won the cl despite finishing fifth.

But nevertheless, as much as I hate to admit it, you do have a point.  It wont be incredibly easy for us against everton.  All we need is a good start at goodison, but you are right, it wont be easy.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:13 am

moribentarse wrote:its a nap that you will get pulled out of the hat against the mighty blues,what a couple of games it will be,ok we are struggling to sign in you players but we have a more settled side than liverpool (hence the higher league position) and i think our tenacity and energy will be too much for liverpool to cope with..
well i await lots of abuse and jonnymac(the moderator) sorry if this pisses you off but im just putting a blue opinion across, go and :censored: off and post this on a blue site you may say ...
i aslready have and im curious as to what reds think about there chances against everton should the two teams be pulled out the hat together

I honestly think that we'd have no problems at all with beating you should we meet.You are struggling to bring in players and your squad is very thin. Our first team is by far the better and even so we've got 2 decent players for every position. Our defence is solid while you've let go pistone, watson and stubbs who were frequent starters last season. You are strong in midfield with carsley and cahill but they're no match for gerrard and alonso. You've not got many options for goalscoring whereas we've baros, morientes, cisse and crouch. I predict everton will be in the bottom half next season.  :rasp
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:16 am

Its better if the blues draw some Eropean team and get trashed rather than we doing it. Then they will realize where they are. Then they'll realize how much we have put in to win the Cup despite our injury problems. Then they'll learn how to repect the Kings.
???
hobbes

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:20 pm

moribentarse wrote:its a nap that you will get pulled out of the hat against the mighty blues,

Are you talking about the same Mighty Blues who just lost to a Thailand under 23 side ?  :laugh:   :laugh:

"once a blue ,always a blue"
Wayne "I'll never leave " Rooney   

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:26 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
moribentarse wrote:its a nap that you will get pulled out of the hat against the mighty blues,

Are you talking about the same Mighty Blues who just lost to a Thailand under 23 side ?  :laugh:   :laugh:

"once a blue ,always a blue"
Wayne "I'll never leave " Rooney   

:laugh:

LMFAO :D

On behalf of all Liverpool fans, can I just congratulate Everton on reaching the semi-finals of the Premier League Asia trophy? Despite their defeat by such a great team as the Thailand under-23 (or should that be reserve?) squad, they obviously had a lot of difficult opponents to overcome to get to such a stage....such as passport control, customs etc etc.

On a further positive note, they played to a lot more fans than they're usually used to and they won't have to play the thai reserve squad in the champions league qualifier!

Incidentally, was Dunc the Drunk allowed to travel abroad, doesn't he have to check in with his Parole Officer, the big useless Thug?

:laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion