Gus Poyet sacked whilst on BBC's MOTD

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Gus Poyet has just been informed his services are no longer required by Brighton courtesy of the BBC .......Is this gutless action indicative
of how underhand and cowardly football clubs are  becoming ?

Discuss
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:58 pm wrote:Gus Poyet has just been informed his services are no longer required by Brighton courtesy of the BBC .......Is this gutless action indicative

Discuss

Saw this. Can't see a good reason for informing the public before Poyet himself, so in answer to your question I'd have to say yes.

Any idea what he's supposed to have done to deserve getting the sack?
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:03 pm

LFC2007 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:53 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:58 pm wrote:Gus Poyet has just been informed his services are no longer required by Brighton courtesy of the BBC .......Is this gutless action indicative

Discuss

Saw this. Can't see a good reason for informing the public before Poyet himself, so in answer to your question I'd have to say yes.

Any idea what he's supposed to have done to deserve getting the sack?

Its all a bit vague the reports that have surfaced ,but I'm surmising it was because he refused to reprimand or indeed identify the player responsible
for defecating in Palaces dressing room. If so he deserved censure ,but the manner in which his punishment became known to him deserved to be
handled with a touch more diplomacy and dare I say decorum .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:04 pm

I think it was only a matter of time after he slagged off the owners and club etc just after the playoffs finished. I think Poyet prob did know.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 pm wrote:Its all a bit vague the reports that have surfaced ,but I'm surmising it was because he refused to reprimand or indeed identify the player responsible
for defecating in Palaces dressing room. If so he deserved censure ,but the manner in which his punishment became known to him deserved to be
handled with a touch more diplomacy and dare I say decorum .

From what I remember reading at the time he was said to be furious about the Palace dressing room 'incident' and in trying to ascertain the identity of the culprit may have sent one or two angry messages to members of club staff. Whether that's the case or not or whether he tried to shield the culprit -- indeed whether there is more to his sacking than that -- I guess we'll have to wait to find out but, as you say, the manner of his sacking so far as not having been informed first leaves a lot to be desired.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:10 am

LFC2007 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 pm wrote:From what I remember reading at the time he was said to be furious about the Palace dressing room 'incident' and in trying to ascertain the identity of the culprit may have sent one or two angry messages to members of club staff. Whether that's the case or not or whether he tried to shield the culprit -- indeed whether there is more to his sacking than that -- I guess we'll have to wait to find out but, as you say, the manner of his sacking so far as not having been informed first leaves a lot to be desired.

Eventually the truth will out  ,whether it will confirm any truth in the spate of stories that have arisen from this incident only time will tell .
One thing is certain though mate ,Brighton have acted equally as disrespectful with the shameful dismissal of Poyet we all witnessed earlier.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:35 am

Poyet is a good man and came out defending our little Luis when the entire country had been overwhelmed by the 'racist' hysteria propogated by Whiskey Nose and the frog over at Manure.

Shame this has happened.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby babu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:06 am

real classy. Bet they can attract the best managers with this sort of track record.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:13 am

Brighton claim Gus Poyet knew he would be sacked before being told on BBC

THE war of words between Gus Poyet and Brighton took another twist yesterday as the club said: “We told you you were going to be sacked”.
Poyet reacted with disbelief on Sunday evening when he heard of his dismissal by the South coast club live on BBC television, where he was working as a pundit.

He claimed he had no knowledge he was about to be axed.

Brighton refuted that yesterday and issued a statement which read: “In relation to comments made by Gus Poyet on BBC Match of the Day last night...the club spent much of Sunday in discussion with Gus and his representatives.
“For legal reasons we cannot say anything about the content of those discussions, but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.

“Given Gus has a right to appeal the decision to dismiss him, the club will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.”

Former Maccabi Tel Aviv boss Oscar Garcia is now the favourite to replace Poyet.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/410001/Brighton-claim-Gus-Poyet-knew-he-would-be-sacked-before-being-told-on-BBC

Well, if as Brighton insist that Poyet knew that his dismissal was forthcoming then the man has obviously spent countless hours perfecting his
'nonplussed face '  ??? Maybe Brighton could invest the same amount of hours in finding a decent PR team ,preferably one that doesnt require
two days to deliver their response ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 pm

They had his replacement Garcia already lined up, it was just a cynical way of getting rid without paying up his contract, I reckon they will lose at a tribunal and it will cost them.

If Brighton win, it could mean big ramifications as other clubs may start going down that route, Abramovich may start getting the KGB to honeytrap his managers, would save him £12m a year. :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby john22 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I agree, this is about getting rid of what he should get from his contract. I wonder why, but maybe he wasn't performing his duty well.
john22
LFC Basic Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion