Interesting blog on the FSG approach and challenge

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mkingdom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before but I came across this today and found it interesting (the bits I understood anyway).

It includes some great detail on some of the challenges FSG face in the coming years.

http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/scale-of-fenways-challenge-at-liverpool.html

It was written in May 2012, but not a lot has changed!
mkingdom

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:04 pm

You don't need an article to see why there isn't enough progress under them - lack of money spent. One of the first lines they uttered was how they wanted to take us back to challenging for the title. A few years on I'm not sure if he was talking literally or maybe as part of a computer game they plan to later release. I don't blame Rogers as he hasn't had much to work with given the state we were in.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 am

They are here to make a profit. End of. They don't give a fook about the clubs history or the fans for that matter. Here's a senario for you. Somewhere in your life you made billions you were a avid LFC fan and you buy the club. You presently live in the USA how many LFC games would you attend? ME all of them home away and abroad. John Henry this season 2. Yes fooking TWO. What a W.ANKER
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 am

You'd be ok runnning an ice cream shop dundreamin but I'm not sure you'd survive with anything more complicated. Running a business and attending footy games are not mutually dependant on eachother for the business's survival. Henry pays Ayres and Rodgers to run the Liverpool business.

Warren Buffet has just bought Heinz for 28 billion. Do you think the fecker is going to stand on the production line sticking fecking labels down on the cans? Give me fecking strength, we read some fecking sh!te on this forum.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 am

tubby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 pm wrote:You don't need an article to see why there isn't enough progress under them - lack of money spent. One of the first lines they uttered was how they wanted to take us back to challenging for the title. A few years on I'm not sure if he was talking literally or maybe as part of a computer game they plan to later release. I don't blame Rogers as he hasn't had much to work with given the state we were in.

Lack of money spent?  This is where you lost me Bav.  If you'd have said,  "Money poorly spent" I'd be right with you.  Carroll, Adam, Downing, Enrique, Henderson, Suarez, Allen, Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho.  The money spent has returned shocking results.  Obviously there are a couple in there that have/ areshowing signs of coming good.  Butthe money spent on that bunch could make a hooker blush.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion