Through the archives - New game

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 am

babu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:20 am wrote:Tribute to Manhattan's Match threads:

Milk cup - LIVERPOOL VS CARDIFF

Yes.

It is time for the Milk Cup again.

Previously known as the Milk Cup, Littlewoods Trophy, Rumblelows Jug, Worthington Bucket, Coca Cola Can, Carling Pintglass, and now Milk Cup again, because milk is healthy, although to be honest, it makes me feel kinda sick.

Liverpool, pride of England, play Cardiff, shame of Wales.

Apparently this event is significant because God shall return to Earth. Quite frankly I would have expected more news coverage given the importance of this divine event.

Someone called Sugar Floyd Hasselbaink or something will also reportedly make an appearance. I am unfamilar with who he is, but apparently he was the WBO Middleweight Champion, according to my research.

FUN FACTS

- Cardiff was the capital of the United Kingdom while Wembley was being built.

- Cardiff's chairman is Peter Ridsdale, who wrote a best-selling autobiography called "I Can't Visit My Granny In Leeds Because They'll Kill Me"

- The symbol of Wales is the Red Dragon, based on the famous serial killer from the novel also featuring Hannibal Lecter.

- The Killer Whale is actually a member of the dolphin family.

- I like dolphins.

- Many consider this competition to be insignificant, which is particularly harsh upon Everton, who have won this competition 13 times, unfortunately no one noticed.

- When Littlewoods sponsored this competition, a ball was never used in any match. Instead a giant letter "X" was kicked high into the air.

All match discussion in this thread.

LIVERPOOL vs PORTO, CL 28/11/07

This week, Liverpool play in the Championship League.

Which is a surprise, because I had no idea we were relegated from the Premiership last season.

We play a team called Porto, which I believe is landlocked.

They come from a country called Portugal, which belongs to Spain. Collectively they form a piece of land called "Iberia", no doubt named after the famous airline.

Porto play at the famous Estadio De Dragoneria. In fact Portugal is home to a flock of one of the world's few remaining real dragons. At a recent Porto vs Benfica game, several away supporters were killed WHEN THE FOUL BEASTS WITH SCALES DESCENDED IN A FIERY WAVE OF DESTRUCTION.

The game ended in a draw.

The city of Porto was named after the famous alcoholic drink of "port". Inspired by this, the city of Manchester will soon change its name to "WKD"

Porto also has the highest rate of TB sufferers in mainland Europe. In a completely unrelated fact, they also have a thriving leech breeding industry.

In 1995 Portugal spent eight hundred million pesos building this large dome:

What is inside it you may ask? How the fook should I know?

Portugal reached the final of EURO 2004 (which took place in 2006) but were beaten by Albania in the final.

Porto won the 2004 European Cup by beating Monaco 23-nil in the final. Princess Stephanie was sacked as Monaco manager shortly thereafter.

Famous residents of Portugal include Cristiano Ronaldo (seen here with the yellow cap)

:laugh:  Manhattans match threads are absolute classics

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 pm

i miss him. :down:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 am

Is he still on RAWK?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous