Steve highway quits - And gh is involved in it..........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:48 pm

Another reason to hate GH ????

http://www.thisisanfield.com/index.p....004#520

It's being rumoured that Steve Heighway has quit his position as head of the Liverpool Academy because of differences with Gerard Houllier.

Our patner site The Liverpool Way has been informed that Heighway handed in his notice a week ago, and hasn't been seen since. At the moment however, it's just a rumour and hasn't been confirmed.

Heighway is said to be unhappy at Houllier constantly overlooking the most promising players to emerge from the Academy, with John Welsh a particular bone of contention.

TLW has heard several stories this season linking Heighway with other jobs, as he has clearly become disillusioned with how things have gone recently.

Houllier and Heighway are barely even on speaking terms, that's common knowledge now, and if Heighway has quit it wouldn't exactly be a shock.

Another rumour which is gathering pace is that Houllier is set to take up Heighway's role at the academy, with David O'Leary coming in as first team manager.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:50 pm

Probably told Kermit a few home truths and Kermit couldn't take it
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:51 pm

The_Rock wrote:Another rumour which is gathering pace is that Houllier is set to take up Heighway's role at the academy, with David O'Leary coming in as first team manager.

Noooooo!!!!!! tell me it's not true. If I have to look up O'learys horizontal nostrils week after week it's gonna put me off my pie. :p  :p  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:54 pm

that rumour is rubbish. o leary will have had more clubs than a golfer if that ever happened. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:57 pm

LOL.. if O'Leary comes in i'll eat someones hat, not my own coz its a nice one. We got more chance of getting Gary Neville's netball playing sister managing us than O'Leary
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:30 pm

can u honestly see liverpool taking on oleary not a chance people, get realistic holy god some people on this forum are really stupid believing everything they read or hear, no way will oleary be chased by us, we've made one or two mistakes in our time but give lfc some credit they are not totally clueless!

no wonder so many fools are on houlliers back reading the criticism in the papers from journalists writing anything to fill up the back pages, they believe all this criticism, then cos of this are against the team , lack of encouraging and supporting, gets players confidence down, hence we play s##t and lose, more boo's same thing next week!

get a grip people :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:32 pm

The_Rock wrote:Another rumour which is gathering pace is that Houllier is set to take up Heighway's role at the academy, with David O'Leary coming in as first team manager.

Great. Houllier leading the academy. Now let's set up some frog traps.
Two big spenders at this club. Moores will have to sell his dogs mortgage his underwear to fund their fetish for signing big underachievers.

Sad about Heighway's situation if it is true
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby JohnBull » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:39 pm

There is an eight year old at the Academy now - just signed the papers - Connor Randall. If you can get odds put money on him being a future England Capt, Get your money ON - he's no relation to me but I've not seen better!!!

The biggest stumbling block will be the Gallic connection.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:27 pm

I really hope this article is untrue. I mean Steve Highway played a big part in players like Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Carragher coming through. Not sure what will be the impact if he quits.

And whats wrong with GH ???? Why does he have so much problem with the academy players ????

If it isn't for the ex-academy players, we would be fighting against relegation this season.

Will john welsh ever get to play for the 1st team ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:32 pm

If this article is true, then the board should be seriously considering their position. Highway has been a real unsung hero for Liverpool Football club, and has been instrumental in countless great players that have come thru the ranks.

DISGRACEFUL
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Istanbul5 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm

JohnBull » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:39 pm wrote:There is an eight year old at the Academy now - just signed the papers - Connor Randall. If you can get odds put money on him being a future England Capt, Get your money ON - he's no relation to me but I've not seen better!!!

The biggest stumbling block will be the Gallic connection.

he isn't a gall he's 100% English.....has been hampered with injury whilst growing but has represented England @ u17 aged 15..... Now in the u18s at liverpool and after captaining the u16s last term.......funny how accurate some people can be.....looking like having a real chance of being a player
Istanbul5
LFC Basic Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm

If you went in search of an 8 year old thread I'd have to assume you rate the lad.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Istanbul5 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am

The Good Yank » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm wrote:If you went in search of an 8 year old thread I'd have to assume you rate the lad.

I didn't search for it I came across it and it struck me that someone assessed the lad so young and that actually he's making what seems to be solid progress......who know he may yet be one for the future and at least he has progressed from age six to 16 which seems a solid start.......
Istanbul5
LFC Basic Member

Postby Istanbul5 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 am

Istanbul5 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am wrote:
The Good Yank » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm wrote:If you went in search of an 8 year old thread I'd have to assume you rate the lad.

I didn't search for it I came across it and it struck me that someone assessed the lad so young and that actually he's making what seems to be solid progress......who know he may yet be one for the future and at least he has progressed from age six to 16 which seems a solid start.......

P.s when you search around the net it also seems he has 4 English caps and some suggest he was on standby lists for other England squads but was ruled out through what seems a significant period with injury......as he played a lot for the 16s last year you would hope these are now being him and perhaps he fulfils the potential John Bull originally mentioned....
Istanbul5
LFC Basic Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion