Some refs are nobs - Lfc target sent off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Referees... sometimes you can't help but think they're trying to make fans angry.
A Ukrainian official has given the term 'jobsworth' new meaning by sending off Dnipro's Samuel Inkoom for removing his shirt... while he was being substituted.

Liverpool target Inkoom, who had already been booked in Dnipro's Ukrainian Premier League game clash with Karpaty, saw his number put up in the 62nd minute, whereupon he removed his shirt and jogged towards the side-line.
Getting shirty: Dnipro's Samuel Inkoom is shown his second yellow card
But the killjoy official decided that according to the letter of the law, Inkoom deserved punishment, promptly sending off the confused Ghanaian before he could be replaced.

It didn't prevent Dnipro from running out 2-0 winners, but Inkoom won't be getting undressed again in a hurry.

All the more reason to credit referee Darren Deadman, who chose not to book Billy Sharp for lifting his shirt to reveal a tribute to his late two year old son after scoring for Doncaster on Tuesday night.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:02 pm

could be worse...

Footballers were stunned when a referee turned up drunk to officiate a match - and then started sending players off at random.
Referee Tomas Fidra took charge of a Czech league match between local rivals Jestrabi Lhota and Tynec-nad-Labem, but the players were suspicious even before kick-off as Fidra smelt strongly of alcohol and was talking about a birthday celebration he had just attended.

Fidra then confirmed those suspicions by stumbling around the pitch and falling over several times. When some of the Jestrabi players politely asked if he was alright shortly after half an hour into the game, Fidra promptly sent three of them off.

With the game in disarray thanks to the boozed-up ref, Jestrabi's opponents sportingly agreed not to attack against their eight-man opponents and the match finished in a 1-1 draw.

"His breath smelt like a brewery and he didn't hide the fact that he had been celebrating a birthday," Karel Dusek, an official from the Jestrabi Lhota club, told Czech newspaper Lidove Noviny.

Dusek added that the side had no choice but to keep on playing, despite the referee clearly being plastered.

"There's no rule which bans a drunk referee from taking charge of a match," he explained.

"If we had refused to continue to play, we could have been sanctioned."

Police were called to the scene and breathalysed Fidra, whose blood alcohol content was 0.194 per cent - more than nine times over the Czech drink-driving limit of 0.02. He faces a 12-month ban from refereeing for his actions.

League officials agreed to nullify the result, and the match will be replayed next month

----------

BUt yes, full credit to Darren Deadman, common sense prevailed.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:12 pm

lol love it!! :laugh:
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby worcester_red » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 pm

but why do players feel the need to take off their shirts, that is what I don't understand. If I was a manager and one of my players got carded for it, I'd be fecking livid.
worcester_red

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 pm

'cause it gets quite hot in Newcastle in January obviously!

seriously though, i dont get it either. Well i understand when they have a message on their t-shirt, but still.. why do it?
Last edited by Redman in wales on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Well you take off your shirt because you want to celebrate your goal. It's all in the moment thing. You're excited... Feel invincible and adrenalin's pumping... I can't blame the players, I blame the stupid rule...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Howard Webb.

Must I say more?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion