New target

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:28 pm

Newspaper reports today claim that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is interested in signing Gerard Houllier's former target, Scott Parker. 

Parker has struggled to make an impact at Chelsea after joining them from Charlton and Liverpool did make a discreet enquiry earlier this year but were warned off.

The midfielder is valued at around £7 million and other clubs including Newcastle United and Aston Villa are said to be interested in him with Graeme Souness tipped to make a bid in January.

One report today by Duncan Wright of The Sunday Mirror claims that Parker could make the switch to Anfield with Steven Gerrard going in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, other reports today state that Liverpool have turned their attentions from Morientes to Mista. Both players have been linked with the Reds for several months.

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:58 pm

I have no doubt that Chelsea are going to have another go for Stevie this January. Im sure they'd have no problem throwing Scott Parker in to sweeten the blow.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:00 pm

Jose Mourinho stated that he will not buy any players in January.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:11 pm

lets say to chelsea go ****** urself
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:11 am

I do not understand why people care about those completely unlikely transfer stories. This is a fabricated story 100%. If you do not have anything to say, make up a story. That is ABC of journalism. Central midfield is our stongest position, and why waste money on buying backups for Garrard, Alonso and Hamann? This simply does not make sense.

After last season I felt that Gerrard was the only player we HAD to keep. All others could be replaced easily. Now I can add 4 or 5 players to that list. And in under three months we have improved MASSIVELY. It is almost unbelievable how big the change have been in so short time. I must say I thought it would take a lot longer for us to start playing positive football agein. Just look at how we tear the opposition apart. We put them under pressure for a full 90 minutes. Chasing them around like wild dogs. Not sitting back defending deep into our own half like we have done for the most of Houlliers reign. And the first thing Benitez did was getting rid of maybe the two worst performers from the past seasons(in my opinion). Murphy and Cheyrou. Those two players do not have the basic physical and mental skills needed (not to mention their lack of technical abilities), and having them central midfield did a lot of damage. They could not protect our back four, and they could not so anything in attack. How can you compare Alonso and Garcia to them? If Benitez continues his work we can become a real force within 2 years time.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:16 am

Totally bogus i read rumors of this before, but why would we sell Gerrard, a player whom i think is much better than Parker, when Gerrard has dedicated himself to Liverpool and turned down a massive amount of money to play for us.  I understand Gerrard plays for us and we give him his marching orders, but we owe it to him to keep him around.  Simply put this story is bullocks.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:43 am

After watching Danny Murphy on saturday, it proved how ****** he really is, our midfield didi and xabi ran rings around him he looked like a little boy lost, and a bit gobsmacked as if to say wtf has gone on here this isnt the liverpool I used to play for, I thank him for the 3 goals he scored against the mancs, but I know now why Benitez got rid he is just a squad player now and would not have fitted into our fabulous team.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:08 am

agreed lynds. but i expected a sixteen page summary of the danny murphy issue. come on lassy, i like a good read, saves buying a paper :D
106-1093504160

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:09 am

judge wrote:agreed lynds. but i expected a sixteen page summary of the danny murphy issue. come on lassy, i like a good read, saves buying a paper :D

:D Not buyin a paper Alan full of the scum :p  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:11 am

all papers this morn are full of the scum, so i thought i'd wait to see what you wrote instead, blo.ody glad i did n all :D :laugh:
106-1093504160

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:33 am

A.B. wrote:Jose Mourinho stated that he will not buy any players in January.

I believe that Mourinho claimed he was happy with the squad as it is today and that he didn`t need any new signings in January. But if there are players leaving, I wouldn`t be surprised if he brought in replacements. Mutu has allready gone and there are rumours saying that there are other players that are unhappy with the situation, due to being benched all the time. i.e Scott Parker, Cudicini, Gallas, Glen Johnson...
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:46 am

This Parker stuff is nonsense, sheer paper talk. The only deal under serious consideration at the moment is Mista. Morientes is also a blind to keep RM and the rest guessing.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:50 am

New Target? My @rse.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:45 am

I just cannot see Parker coming to Liverpool, and certainly not at that price. Seems to me that the tabloids take every oppertunity they can get to have a dig at Liverpool. Like this story claiming we are to exchange Gerrard and Parker. Its nonsense.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:40 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:After watching Danny Murphy on saturday, it proved how ****** he really is, our midfield didi and xabi ran rings around him he looked like a little boy lost, and a bit gobsmacked as if to say wtf has gone on here this isnt the liverpool I used to play for, I thank him for the 3 goals he scored against the mancs, but I know now why Benitez got rid he is just a squad player now and would not have fitted into our fabulous team.

hustler should be happy with that.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion